Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

P85 Classic faster after 6.2?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

J1mbo

Aug 20, 2013
UK
Installed 6.2 this morning and now the car feels noticeably faster, especially when overtaking. Maybe subjective, warmer roads,etc. But, Elon did tweet that the classic P would see an improvement.

Anyone with 6.2 and a classic P able to do a timed 0-60 and maybe 0-10, 10-20, 20-30 etc... with 100% charge?

:smile:
Installed 6.2 this morning and now the car feels noticeably faster, especially when overtaking. Maybe subjective, warmer roads,etc. But, Elon did tweet that the classic P would see an improvement.

Anyone with 6.2 and a classic P able to do a timed 0-60 and maybe 0-10, 10-20, 20-30 etc... with 100% charge?

isn't "feels snappier" the correct terminology for any and all software upgrades?:smile:

Uh Oh. I must be getting even older. Will someone please tell me what a "Classic P" is ???? I have a P85 (2012) Delivered 2013, and just got 6.2

Uh Oh. I must be getting even older. Will someone please tell me what a "Classic P" is ???? I have a P85 (2012) Delivered 2013, and just got 6.2
I believe the term "Classic" was being applied to "pre-auto-pilot-era sensor suite" vehicles.

- - - Updated - - -

You have a "classic" P. That is nowadays there are no RWD P's produced, only P85Ds.
My impression is that there is a relatively thin slice of the P85 portion of the fleet that is not "classic" (meaning it has the auto-pilot-era sensor suite). I could be wrong though.

- - - Updated - - -

I have a P85 (2012) Delivered 2013, and just got 6.2
I believe folks would classify that as Classic, as it was clearly produced (and delivered) prior to the "D" event that announced the sensor suite.
Gratz on getting 6.2 firmware.

My impression is that there is a relatively thin slice of the P85 portion of the fleet that is not "classic" (meaning it has the auto-pilot-era sensor suite). I could be wrong though.

Yeah, that would be the P85s built from late September 2014 through whenever they stopped making them, likely late October to early November. My P85 is one of the few with autopilot hardware. I got 6.2.124 fairly early, but have not seen anything new since.

Yeah, that would be the P85s built from late September 2014 through whenever they stopped making them, likely late October to early November. My P85 is one of the few with autopilot hardware. I got 6.2.124 fairly early, but have not seen anything new since.
How about mid-december. My auto-pilot P85 was born December 12, 2014.

Same here on the 6.2 2.4.124. Haven't seen anything new since.

I have a P85+ loaner in my possession that's running 6.2 with .136 firmware.

To me, it feels faster than my old P85 I traded in. I can actually feel very little difference between it and my current P85D when fully accelerating from anything except a stop. I think this firmware may be increasing the performance of the discontinued P85/P85+

I have a P85+ loaner in my possession that's running 6.2 with .136 firmware.

To me, it feels faster than my old P85 I traded in. I can actually feel very little difference between it and my current P85D when fully accelerating from anything except a stop. I think this firmware may be increasing the performance of the discontinued P85/P85+
I thought that the only advantage a P85D had over a P85+ was from a dead stop (talking acceleration here, not handling). Wasn't there a video with a rolling start somewhere that showed them dead even?

my car feels noticeably much slower

wait, maybe that is the Valet mode I am trying out! :tongue:
seeing if I can tame my morning drive for the sake of my tires

but I think the non valet mode is a bit quicker. can find out at the dragstrip next weekend maybe, except my tire/wheel set is different than what I have run on before

I thought that the only advantage a P85D had over a P85+ was from a dead stop (talking acceleration here, not handling). Wasn't there a video with a rolling start somewhere that showed them dead even?

ive gone up against a P85D on the freeway starting at 70mph. We both took them up to 100mph and really other than the person that mashed down the pedal first was the only one to slightly pull away from the other. Otherwise they were pretty much dead even. I'll try to grab a video in two weeks to post. (I should note I have a classic P85 running 6.2...136)