Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Electronic Stability (TC) activating on dry pavement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(P85D) Observed this this afternoon and caught me by surprise. Turning left onto a divided highway and I had the TC system kick on and retard power way down to 60KW for 3-4 seconds. 70 degrees and dry roads and I was certainly not down on the hammer. The car was planted solid. That's a turn I've easily done a 30-40 times in the last 2 months in many cases under WAY WAY more throttle and colder weather. First time I've seen that.

Didn't seem to be anything on the road. And there was no lateral movement or tire slip I could feel. With normal TC you can clearly feel the slip before TC kicks in. In this case it just seemed to kick in for no reason... or it's way more sensitive/reactive then any TC system I've ever used before. I would wager the second.. just wanted to see if anyone else seen/felt this before on the Model S.

Maybe it was the ESP/stability control system and not traction control. The car may have sensed a little too much steering input and angle and wanted to prevent the car from over steering. Come to think of it, that light comes on for me in my P85D when taking a corner a bit hard and the stability control system kicks in. The ESP is very aggressive in the car and would definitely affect on track performance, and there's no way to disable it or lessen its aggressiveness.

I've had my P85D do the same thing. I've taken off slowly from a signal, going straight and had the TC lights blinking on/off for the whole length of the intersection. Just a quirky bug I guess.