Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPC charging limited to 48 Amps?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't use the HPC, but there are dip switches on the Model S one... I believe that the Roadster HPCs can be configured to draw less than full 70A by a board in the Clipper Creek controller.

Perhaps the one you obtained was thus constrained.

I just had this problem myself, and was about to post nearly the exact same picture last week. Try unplugging the charger, closing the charge port, then access the tools > Charging > Current screen. Mine was set to a max of 55A there, which only allowed me to go up to 55A from the plug icon when charging. It also limited all ACC commands to 55A max.

I only wanted to test to see if my HPWC could supply 70A. Now it's back down to 40A max, since that seems to be the sweet spot for charging. I've never needed to charge faster than that.

I just had this problem myself, and was about to post nearly the exact same picture last week. Try unplugging the charger, closing the charge port, then access the tools > Charging > Current screen. Mine was set to a max of 55A there, which only allowed me to go up to 55A from the plug icon when charging. It also limited all ACC commands to 55A max.

I only wanted to test to see if my HPWC could supply 70A. Now it's back down to 40A max, since that seems to be the sweet spot for charging. I've never needed to charge faster than that.

And this helped with you?

I tried that, but it did not help.

The Tesla mechanic told, that he might have uploaded a wrong file, because they really rarely see those chargers these days. He will come and check.