Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Upgrading to Next Gen seats two weeks before production

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my S85D when Next Gen seats were not yet available and my car will be built in two weeks from now (end April).
I have been told by the SC that in order to upgrade to Next Gen seats I would have to upgrade to the new price list.
As there have been successive changes in the price list since I ordered the car, upgrading to the new price list would move the price up by 4.000 € ($ 4.500) in my case.
Thus, I will not do that and will stick with the standard seats - which are already fine for me actually, and this is not a deal breaker. I am eagerly awaiting the car, with or without next gen seats.

But still, I would like to know if some of you in the same situation managed upgrading with only paying the upgrade option from standard to next Gen (800 €) - which I think would be fair.
This option is recommended by Tesla, and it is also better for Tesla that people choose for the new seats. It is good for showing the car to other people, who might become new clients and so on.

I would prefer not to be this only annoying guy asking for this (again) and will not bother them if the answer is a definitive No.
But if it has become a kind of fluent agreement due to lots of already similar agreed requests that my SC might not be aware of, I would like to know and might just kindly ask to join the queue for this now standard upgrade case.

D.

I know that this is the typical pattern. Once you confirm your order it's considered 'fixed'. Tesla sometimes makes changes to your order (and that causes lots of unhappiness, which I think is why this time, for example, the colors that were dropped will still be available for "a while longer" on special order and existing orders are not being changed), but if you want to make changes to your order it's simply treated as a new order and your deposit is transferred free of charge. So if you were to change your order, not only would you get the new prices, you'd also be back to the end of the line and instead of getting your car in May you'd get it in June.