Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Sport 2.5 Review - Left Lane News (Toronto)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

A neat video shot in my current city of residence - Mississauga, Ontario, Canada; a suburb to the west of Toronto.

Jaff, I'm assuming this is the car you test drove recently. Tesla Toronto has a red one too right (saw it on the Don Valley Parkway earlier last month).

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I think that's it! I ordered pretty much a clone of this vehicle w/o the hard top and with light grey rally inserts rather than red...funny though, when I saw the Arctic White + CF exterior, I don't even remember what offsetting colour the seat inserts were...I was just so stunned by the exterior look of the vehicle. :redface:
(Also Doug, as I told you...I forgot to check to see the VIN # as well :redface::redface: :biggrin:)

The Toronto Roadster will be about 20 km from me on Friday, Oct 15...I'm going to drop in again for an eye candy refill. :biggrin:

That's a great vid!...I'm just around the Golden Horseshoe from you and have driven many of those streets before as well.

It's possible they decided Toronto needed another car, or maybe it's just not gone back yet.

I'm not sure they could sell it here because it's an American model, not Canadian. There are some differences, like daytime running lights and the key FOB interlock, which are required by Canadian regulations. You'll note that the red one had California plates, whereas the white one has Ontario dealer plates.

That is a nice review.
Commenting on the 40-80 acceleration - yep - that is where the Roadster really shines.
Right off the line is not as impressive due to tall gearing.
100MPH+ not so much due to reduced high RPM torque.
But when you are on a freeway on-ramp going 25MPH, and you really want to be going 65MPH it just happens in a flash with barely a thought.

Also talking about how easy it is to drive in traffic. Yep... Roadster is wicked quick 40-80, but also so easy to modulate in stop and go. Docile when needed.

I think that "reassuring feeling of solidity" he mentioned is more pronounced in the 2.5s compared to the 2008's for instance.
Those little continuous improvements they have been making with sound deadening materials, vibrations reductions and such have resulted in a car that feels more rigid and "of one piece". The sports suspension helps out there too. Still, in all the Roadsters I drove there is the occasional 'thump' / 'thud' in the rear suspension if you hit a jagged road irregularity. Nothing too bothersome but it detracts a bit from the otherwise solid feel.

Last edited:
Here is the article that coincides with the video review. I enjoyed this little bit at the very bottom of the article:

Range anxiety, battery cost, future upgradeability....with the Tesla they are no more relevant than the price of synthetic oil is to a Ferrari owner.

Sure, it's kind of saying "A wealthy person doesn't care about (or can easily afford) the cost of a replacement battery." However, I take it more as saying that the Roadster's range is adequate and, as a result, owners don't have range anxiety.