Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Article: "Tesla Patents Next-Gen Electric Car Battery that Gets 400 Miles on a Single

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

I suspect this article gets a lot of things wrong, and may be completely incorrect. I am not aware of any reliable information indicating that Tesla is pursuing a battery design as described in this article, but perhaps they are.

Tesla Patents Next-Gen Electric Car Battery that Gets 400 Miles on a Single Charge | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building
Tesla Patents Next-Gen Electric Car Battery that Gets 400 Miles on a Single Charge | Inhabitat - Sustainable Design Innovation, Eco Architecture, Green Building
----

I suspect this article gets a lot of things wrong, and may be completely incorrect. I am not aware of any reliable information indicating that Tesla is pursuing a battery design as described in this article, but perhaps they are.

----

That's interesting. I would expect a metal air battery to be used as a "range extender" rather than it be described as a "hybrid." And you have to replace the battery after you've used it...because you can't "recharge" metal air batteries as the term is used for current EV batteries.

Tesla would need a way of installing and removing these batteries...conveniently.