Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D Colors and Sound

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just noticed that Silver is no longer an option - only Midnight Silver and Titanium - has anyone seen either yet?

Also, how does the standard sound system compare to the Ultra High Fidelity? Mainly listen to NPS, Marketplace, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed that Silver is no longer an option - only Midnight Silver and Titanium - has anyone seen either yet?

Also, how does the standard sound system compare to the Ultra High Fidelity? Mainly listen to NPS, Marketplace, etc.

Sorry - NPR

Oddly enough, Elon just tweeted that the orphaned colors can still be ordered "off menu" (whatever that means) for the "next few months":

2015-04-11 14.20.32 (Small).png

But who wanted those colors? slightly dull, dull, really dull, and shiny dull. Someone asked me what color I wanted to get and i said I just want a color! Blue or red are my only choices, I guess. The old blue was way too dark. It could have been black.

Honestly, even the new blue is still too dark. There is a real shortage of light colors of any sort in the Tesla lineup. So far there has been white (now discontinued), the bright red, the other white (ludicrously expensive for white), and shiny silver (now discontinued).

Every other color is dark. I've seen black, the old grey, the old brown, the old blue, the old green, and Signature Red, and they all look black in bad light.

Every other color is dark. I've seen black, the old grey, the old brown, the old blue, the old green, and Signature Red, and they all look black in bad light.

That is one of the reasons I liked silver, because the nosecone sort of disappears on dark colors whereas the silver shows it off well. I was vacillating between stunning red and quietly elegant silver, but now I want to see the new blue before ordering.

Great. I placed my order about a month ago, when I didn't like the old blue. So I got red, with the expectation that when the new blue comes out, I'd switch from red to blue. However, in the intervening 3 weeks, I've grown rather attached to the red, and now I don't think I want to switch! Why is something as simple as a red/blue color choice so difficult?

Great. I placed my order about a month ago, when I didn't like the old blue. So I got red, with the expectation that when the new blue comes out, I'd switch from red to blue. However, in the intervening 3 weeks, I've grown rather attached to the red, and now I don't think I want to switch! Why is something as simple as a red/blue color choice so difficult?

Both are bold! I have a red 85D that I picked up just over two weeks ago, and admittedly have some remorse that the new blue is out. I knew that would happen though. I think the novelty right now is that the blue will prove to be unique and rare for a while (there are very few right now)-- but that will change over time. as more people have the new blue and the color becomes more "common", which at that time would you rather have? (try to take rarity out of the equation) :)

I certainly hope not.

My wife seems to think I'll like the showiness of the red more than the classiness of the blue. And I think she's right.

Brickfrenzy, this is EXACTLY what my wife says too! I've had red and black cars for the past couple of decades. I'm with Brucet999 - I want to see the new blue before i order too. But, it is certainly between the red and blue . . .