Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Design Studio Revisions 4-10-15 (Yes, again)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like Tesla is at it again.

1. Old blue, silver and standard white paint are gone. Looks the grey metallic paint is gone too, but something similar remains (midnight silver metallic).
2. Premium package is $3,000 now instead of $5,000, and includes (power liftgate, leather armrests and dashboard (presumably lower half), interior accent lighting, fog and cornering lights, lighted door handles).
3. Alcantara can't be ordered separately.

Not sure if I missed anything else, but I'm sure you'll all weigh in. I'll add that dribs and drabs of the changes are being picked up in other threads, but I thought one thread would make it easier.

1. Old blue, silver and standard white paint are gone. Looks the grey metallic paint is gone too, but something similar remains (midnight silver metallic).
2. Premium package is $3,000 now instead of $5,000, and includes (power liftgate, leather armrests and dashboard (presumably lower half), interior accent lighting, fog and cornering lights, lighted door handles).

Not sure if I missed anything else, but I'm sure you'll all weigh in. I'll add that dribs and drabs of the changes are being picked up in other threads, but I thought one thread would make it easier.
Midnight Silver Metallic renamed (back) to Titanium Metallic

Silver 21" wheels are gone.

What is going on?

"Warm Silver" was renamed "Titanium Metallic", which is a good change IMO because it sounds much cooler.

The gray seems to be replaced by "Midnight Silver". Huh? How is gray/blue suddenly silver?

I'm glad Tesla clarified the Premium Interior contents and made the price far more reasonable.

Overall good but definitely very sudden changes. Guess they do pay attention to the feedback …!!!

Further thoughts about the latest changes:
TM must have listened to the blowback.
Autopilot is a separate item for $2500
Premium package is now $3k and includes the items dropped from old $4200 Tech pkg plus leather upgrades. You no longer have to take the "nanny driving aids" of autopilot to get Auto lift gate and specialty lighting features.
Conclusion: What would have cost $7500 yesterday now drops to $5500 today. Or looking at it another way, what cost $4200 last week now costs $5500 but adds leather accents and leather headliner (formerly $1500 by itself)

Maybe not so bad, at least until tomorrows changes.

Midnight Silver is what they have renamed the "new Gray" that replaced the "old Tiburon/Dolphin Gray". It's not a new color, just a new name.

Yes my car changed colour overnight. Yesterday I had a grey car, today it's silver.

Here's my car on "My Tesla"

my.teslamotors.com.jpeg

And here's "Midnight Silver Metallic" from the design studio

designstud.png