Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The old dark blue is gone.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Something whacky going on.. midnight silver?

Screen Shot 2015-04-10 at 8.18.39 PM.png

This is just getting ridiculous. It makes me think that there's something weird with their internal approval structure. You'd think if all the changes that went into effect yesterday were actually approved through all the proper channels they'd at least stick to their proverbial guns for a bit longer than ~36 hours.

Was in the store tonight and got told these three colors (Solid White, Silver [old], and Blue [old]) were going away. The grey is unchanged (other than the name) from the current grey (otherwise known as new grey or steel grey and now known as midnight silver). Warm Silver has been renamed to Titanium (which was the name we were calling from leaks). Ocean Blue is now Deep Blue. Name changes are per an email from Elon according to the store employee.

What?
The only color that isn't "optional" and and extra $1000 is BLACK
Seriously?

Please, only $1000 for choice of color on a $75,000 car. I'd get dinged for a $4000 package from Toyota to have a choice of color on a $25,000 car.

At least Tesla lets you put any option you want on any trim level. And at that the prices aren't insane for most options.

Almost any option.

P85D exclusives (as of right now and of course subject to change).

• Spoiler
  • Red Brake Calipers
  • 21" Silver Turbine Wheels (which is really strange)

yeah if you want to nitpick you could talk about the trim on the outside of the car that is chrome if you have the tech package and not chrome if you don't and so on.

I'm happy with the configurability of the base model.