Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New tesla 70D owner!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

pmoa

Apr 10, 2015
My wife and I just ordered a white 70D today. We are beyond excited about the new ride. The wife had so much fun at the test drive. I've been lurking the forums to read up on everything tesla. Here's hoping to a quick delivery!

My wife and I just ordered a white 70D today. We are beyond excited about the new ride. The wife had so much fun at the test drive. I've been lurking the forums to read up on everything tesla. Here's hoping to a quick delivery!

Congratulations! If you are in fact lucky and early and if you are one of those receiving your 70D very early would you please do a full Supercharge from 0-100% SOC and film the energy meter all the time during the charge? It would help us here on the forum a lot to discern some interesting and important pieces of information regarding how Tesla have created the 70kWh battery.

Congratulations! If you are in fact lucky and early and if you are one of those receiving your 70D very early would you please do a full Supercharge from 0-100% SOC and film the energy meter all the time during the charge? It would help us here on the forum a lot to discern some interesting and important pieces of information regarding how Tesla have created the 70kWh battery.

I will certainly do so! Although I'm not sure how low I can get the battery before making it to a supercharger in my area.

I will certainly do so! Although I'm not sure how low I can get the battery before making it to a supercharger in my area.

Just use the innovative technique of Mr. John Broder of the New York Times - circle the parking lot where the Supercharger is situated until you get very low on range, but as opposed to Broder do plug in before you run out completely!

My order confirmed the day of the 70D announcement so I should get mine pretty soon...ish. I got a supercharger one exit from my house so I can give this a shot too.

My order confirmed the day of the 70D announcement so I should get mine pretty soon...ish. I got a supercharger one exit from my house so I can give this a shot too.

Congratulations! So as your order confirmation was in the 70D announcement day, it would be interesting to view the "time laps" (if i can name it as this) of this new product. So, would you please to report here when you get your VIN and it's number? And after that, it would be interesting to, to follow the dates of the next stages as "in queue, "in production", "production complete" and finally, the happy day of delivery. Thanks!

I see the color choices have been revised. My choice would have been basic white at no extra charge. But now black is the only choice at the base price. But the S70D is still a great car methinks!

Ah .... I just saw in another post that Elon tweeted that original colors can be ordered off menu at least for the next couple of months.

Last edited:
@pmoa

Can you follow the instructions in this post and post your option codes? I'm curious how Tesla is encoding the battery.

[Web app] What does the option codes for your car mean?

That website pulls the available option codes from the order page. It appears that Tesla is still using BT60 for the 70D even though it has the larger battery. However, the VIN of the 70D I saw last night still has S for the battery code (S = Standard (aka 60), H = High Capacity (aka 85)). So I think you have to look for the AWD and the battery options to determine a 70D.

Congratulations! So as your order confirmation was in the 70D announcement day, it would be interesting to view the "time laps" (if i can name it as this) of this new product. So, would you please to report here when you get your VIN and it's number? And after that, it would be interesting to, to follow the dates of the next stages as "in queue, "in production", "production complete" and finally, the happy day of delivery. Thanks!

I my got my VIN April 10th.

In response to your request for info. Ordered my 70D on Wednesday the 8th, finalized in the 9th, vin on the 10th #84324 and as of sometime in the last couple of days "in production queue". Scheduled deliver in May....we will see.

By the way, the pic is of my first Tesla. This time I ordered titanium when it was warm silver.