Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Crescent City, CA (6 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
came across this: http://www.crescentcity.org/downloads/040615.pdf and I didn't see anything on TMC posted about a supercharger in Crescent City CA nor does anything on supercharge.info show anything on crescent city. at the bottom there are some exhibits and photos showing exact location.

Consider for approval a five year ground lease for a Tesla Supercharging Station with two optional five year extensions for approximately 2,500 square feet of a City parking lot designated as APN 118M 070-25; take action as appropriate andnecessary

tesla_crescent01.png
tesla_crescent02.png
tesla_crescent03.png
tesla_crescent04.png
tesla_crescent05.png
tesla_crescent06.png
tesla_crescent07.png
tesla_crescent08.png
tesla_crescent09.png
tesla_crescent10.png
tesla_crescent11.png
tesla_crescent12.png
tesla_crescent13.png

Been in that parking lot, last year during a drive from SFO to Seattle in a rented Dodge Caravan, wishing every second that I could have driven my Tesla instead!

Nice to see the internal workings on the preparations for a Supercharger installation approval.

I'd think Arcata might be preferable to Eureka, being at or at least closer to the junction with 299.

Perhaps, but US101 goes directly through Eureka for about 8 miles, so ingress and egress off the highway would be more direct. Presumably Tesla will eventually install a SC in Weaverville so the location in the Eureka area will be less important for those crossing the Coastal Range. But then vicarious speculation concerning SC placements is 80% of the fun :cool:

you are the man YobigD! Crecent city will be nice, with any wind/cold weather and sticky tires it makes Eureka to Grants pass get a little tight

I have had a talk with a Eureka city engineer but haven't had a talk recently. Have been looking at Willits city council stuff too and never saw anything yet, might have missed it though?

agree that the Guintolli area would be better than Eureka for the 299 route

- - - Updated - - -

Nice location right on the shore! You can take a walk to recharge yourself while your car charges! And $1 per month rent is pretty reasonable for Tesla...

& disc golf too!
the park is really pretty nice. good playground for kids too
there is also a rescue center for seals and other injured/abandoned? marine animals

Perhaps, but US101 goes directly through Eureka for about 8 miles, so ingress and egress off the highway would be more direct. Presumably Tesla will eventually install a SC in Weaverville so the location in the Eureka area will be less important for those crossing the Coastal Range. But then vicarious speculation concerning SC placements is 80% of the fun :cool:
Weaverville is certainly desirable at some point, but I'd rather see Tesla put an SC in Redding first, as that will serve both east and west travel on 299 and 44, providing access to Trinity Lake, Lassen from the NW, and Alturas. They need to provide better access to Lassen, and when their lease expires (if not before), should move Corning up to Red Bluff. With the Vacaville SC the justification for Corning instead of Red Bluff disappears, and they're going to need another on I-5 north of Sacramento in any case, as Manteca to Corning, let alone Red Bluff, is too far. I like Williams (Exit 577, Granzella's Deli), but one around the I-5 junction with SR 99 north in Sacramento, say Del Paso Road (Exit 525A, Holiday Inn Express plus several restaurants) would also work. Red Bluff provides access to Lassen, Lake Almanor and Susanville via SR 36 east, as well as SR 101 via SR 36 west.

Last edited: