Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2012 Tesla Model S P85 Signature Performance Red Multi Coat Car #599 - No Longer Available

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2012 Tesla Model S P85 Signature Performance Red Multi Coat Car #599

PERFECT 2012 Tesla P85 Signature Performance
WITH 2014 BATTERY/DRIVE TRAIN UPGRADE Car #599

A Word From The Owner

I am a major Tesla buff and purchased one of the Signature Edition vehicles in NOV 2012. I am moving and need to let the car go. I have taken impeccable care of the vehicle and it looks showroom clean. I am single and do not have pets or children. I live in L.A., so the vehicle has seen mostly sunshine and the inside of a very clean garage.

This particular car has the original, limited run, Signature Red Multi Coat paint that was only available on the first 1000 cars made and only about 200-250 cars are this color. It can look real red in the sun and then burgundy in the shade, and it always looks fantastic. It?s the color Tesla chose for showing off the Model S prototype.

I loaded the car up with every option save the rear facing child seat, so the original MSRP was just over $110,000.

The vehicle is still under MANUFACTURER'S WARRANTY.
and I am including the HIGH POWERED WALL CHARGER
- a $1200.00 option

Here is the link to the Carfax report:

http://www.carfax.com/cfm/FSBO.cfm?report=803B1CA449A0CE4A025CA226ED232E06

Available styles for the 2012 Tesla Model S

Style Original MSRP

4dr Sdn $57,400.00
4dr Sdn Performance $92,400.00
4dr Sdn Signature $95,400.00
4dr Sdn Signature Performance $105,400.00

I hope someone who loves Teslas like I do will enjoy this exceptionally well kept car. In 2014, Tesla upgraded the battery pack to the new, more fire resistant design and upgraded the drivetrain which is now stronger and quieter. The amazing thing is that Tesla can do this in a day. They simply unplug the old one and pop in a new one.

Owning a Tesla is an amazing experience.

Feel free to call me with questions - 805.390.3696
Best Wishes,

~Mike

Very Rare Deep Burgundy Metallic Paint.
One Owner. Always Garaged.
No Smoke. No Pet Hair.
No Modifications.
Showroom Clean.

Signature Red Paint $ 1500
All Glass Panoramic Roof $ 1500
Carbon Fiber Rear Spoiler
21? Charcoal Gray Wheels
Black Performance Interior
Carbon Fiber D?cor
85kwh Battery
Tech Package $ 3750
Studio Sound Package $ 950
Active Air Suspension
Parcel Shelf $ 250
Twin Chargers $ 1500
Supercharging enabled
Paint Armor $ 950
High Powered Wall Charger $ 1200

***ENTIRE VEHICLE is under warranty until NOV 2016
***BATTERY PACK and DRIVE TRAIN are under an 8 YEAR,
unlimited mileage warranty ? NOV 2020.

16225 MILES

List Date: 4/9/2015

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2012 Tesla Model S P85 Signature Performance Red Multi Coat Car #599
--------------------------------------
This item is no longer available.

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

U8bAY4xM015W.JPG
56YzSB1rWrvq.JPG
vSYmGpBxxR0W.JPG
vE0evxwCwJkX.JPG
mYTXGs23At1Q.JPG
zfCKbMpC4AFM.JPG
8dZ4XSZ6ZKsV.JPG
gruN1h7HSdx7.JPG
Wu7nCSxrp8gu.JPG
ezvwAMPV1PSk.JPG
2tGnwQunZJtF.jpg
5r4aw5hp2B7K.JPG

I've often wondered what the signature aspect of the car is worth on top of the car itself
if this were a regular p85, I'd say you were asking too much.

But seeing as how this is a signature car you could argue it's worth a bit more. How much more would be my question.

Also does the car become more special as TM continues to build more Model S's or does it lose it's allure due to so many teslas being around and not many people knowing what the signature car represents.

I've also wondered whether it depends on color. Do Signature Red or the white interior make it unique? Is the signature premium (if there is one) less for a color you could get later?
I wouldn't pay a premium for a sig that's any other color besides red!
But that's just me, I'm more interested in the color than the signature aspect.

Some might see it differently, some might want a bigger discount because it's such an early production car, with an older battery.

The First Borns are Always Special!

I've often wondered what the signature aspect of the car is worth on top of the car itself
if this were a regular p85, I'd say you were asking too much.

But seeing as how this is a signature car you could argue it's worth a bit more. How much more would be my question.

Also does the car become more special as TM continues to build more Model S's or does it lose it's allure due to so many teslas being around and not many people knowing what the signature car represents.

Thank you for your thoughtful comments!

- - - Updated - - -