Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Long time lurker and Tesla wanna be buyer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

Been lurking and reading posts here for a while now, don't have a Tesla (yet) but living in Fremont and passing the factory every day on the way to work is starting to break me down. The only challenge, we're a young(ish) single income family with 2 toddlers at home so when I do make the plunge it will have to be an ex demo, CPO or used. I got a silly deal a while back on a VW Passat ($3k down, $99 a month) which expires in December, so would be looking to make a purchase in or around that date.

So, as a question to you all, do you think the new S70d will cause a price drop on the existing S60's? I'd love to see a $50k S60 but not sure if that lines up with my expected next-car purchase time lines.

Anyhoo, nice to meet all of you!

Not sure if you road trip or not, but if you get a 60, you'll want access to the super chargers.

I picked up a CPO S85 a few months ago... it was not in the 50k range, but given time the prices will fall.

I don't know if you'll ever see a CPO in that price range, just because I don't think they'd go over 1-2 years old to sell a CPO.

Used, definitely though. In 2 years, when I can afford a CPO Model X, I'll be looking to sell mine... no idea what it would be worth. That 70D is really tempting...

whelmed- there are going to be CPO S60 cars probably close to $50k... especially with higher miles. If you really want to get down to that price, just hang in there. By December? that might happen but you might have to travel. I'd imagine someone with an early 60 that has higher mileage would have to let their car go for that price. With the 70D out now, as we get closer to winter chances are good people in colder climates might take their 2+ year old S60 and consider upgrading to the 70D. Good luck-- hope you can find what you want end of year!