Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Newburgh, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not sure if this is the best place to post for this topic (I also put this post on the Tesla Motors Forum) but has anyone heard of any news about the possibility of a supercharger near Newburgh, NY?

From looking at the most recently posted maps, it appears that a supercharger is "Opening Soon" at a location near the intersection of Routes 84 and 87. Of course, it is impossible to precisely identify the location from this map but that would seem like the logical point for a supercharger in the area. This, coupled with the rumored chargers coming to Syracuse, Utica and Buffalo should make travel along the NYS Thruway a breeze even in a 60!

How's the on-off access at that Mall?

Very good actually. Both Routes 84 & 87 have ramps to Union Avenue where the Mall entrance is located ...
Newburgh Mall.jpg

Newburgh Mall 2.jpg

Electric-car charging station coming to Thruway

Just saw this on plugshare.... Shows chademo and sae combo....doesn't really help Tesla unless u have the chademo adapter (coming soon) and not sure what the status is on a sae combo adapter. I emailed Tesla to see if they can jump in and put some superchargers at these locations. This would help bridge the gap between NYC and Albany and a link for the ski resorts in that area.

Many have received their Chademo adapters by now, me included. :smile:
I ordered in October and received it in March but I have yet to use it. While I'd rather have a Newburgh supercharger to shorten my trips and extend my range, I will take the Thruway chargers for now.

Still wondering what "Coming Soon" means in Tesla time in re: the Newburgh supercharger!

Many have received their Chademo adapters by now, me included. :smile:
I ordered in October and received it in March but I have yet to use it. While I'd rather have a Newburgh supercharger to shorten my trips and extend my range, I will take the Thruway chargers for now.

Still wondering what "Coming Soon" means in Tesla time in re: the Newburgh supercharger!

Nice.....I just put myself on the wait list.....I hope to receive the adapter soon so I can have it when they finish those chademo's on the thruway

Supercharger -Newburgh, NY

The long-promised Supercharger in Newburgh, NY is now under construction. I was just there this morning, and a crew of three was laying out chalk lines. I was told that digging would start in a day or two, and that if everything goes smoothly, it should be open by mid-May.

The location is at Cosimo’s restaurant, 1217 Route 300, Newburgh, NY 12550. It’s about a half mile from the intersection of I-84 and I-87 (NY State Thruway).

There will be six stalls, all of the nose-in type.

Uncharacteristically for Superchargers, the location is not at the far remote end of the parking lot, but rather directly in front of the restaurant, in a prime parking location.

Because this Supercharger will draw little Tesla traffic (at least initially), I imagine the empty charging spaces will create much annoyance on the part of regular restaurant customers. My guess is this annoyance will quickly escalate to serious ICEing of the spaces. (Bring on the cones!)

The long-promised Supercharger in Newburgh, NY is now under construction. I was just there this morning, and a crew of three was laying out chalk lines. I was told that digging would start in a day or two, and that if everything goes smoothly, it should be open by mid-May.

The location is at Cosimo’s restaurant, 1217 Route 300, Newburgh, NY 12550. It’s about a half mile from the intersection of I-84 and I-87 (NY State Thruway).

Uncharacteristically for Superchargers, the location is not at the far remote end of the parking lot, but rather directly in front of the restaurant, in a prime parking location.

Because this Supercharger will draw little Tesla traffic (at least initially), I imagine the empty charging spaces will create much annoyance on the part of regular restaurant customers. My guess is this annoyance will quickly escalate to serious ICEing of the spaces. (Bring on the cones!)

Great news!
How'd you hear about it?
Any pictures? (As we say on TMC "pictures or it didn't happen!")