Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Valet Parker Wrecks $450,000 Ferrari After Mistaking Accelerator for Brake

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's one heck of a mistake. Not sure what it has to do with trusting Tesla's valet mode though. It won't stop mistakes from happening, but if they do happen, it may lessen the intensity of a situation like this since it reduces power. Again though, I'd more ask how it affects your trust in valets in general.

Why would I trust something that limits speed to 70mph/110kph? Valet mode should limit speed to 15mph/20kph.

I can see an "Offspring mode", or an "In-laws Mode", or something equally snarky, for which 70mph might be fine. But TM has let me down with that 70mph limit.

I can see why Tesla limited the speed to only 70mph, so that if they pick up the car they can drive at freeway speeds. I personally wouldn't set valet mode if Tesla picked my car up. This is a good reason to have the speed limit adjustable in valet mode. Maybe even have multiple settings as are available for driver profiles. I would then create a few profiles, Valet-Tesla, Valet-Parking, and Family Test Drive

Why would I trust something that limits speed to 70mph/110kph? Valet mode should limit speed to 15mph/20kph.

I can see an "Offspring mode", or an "In-laws Mode", or something equally snarky, for which 70mph might be fine. But TM has let me down with that 70mph limit.

Sometimes, valet parking means driving your car on city streets over to a lot somewhere.
- Really need three modes: private lot valet, city street valet, I do not trust my friend/relative valet