Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Order Changed to 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Had a 60 in the production queue, and changed it to a 70D today. $500 hit, but figured it would be better to be the first 70D off the line than the last 60.

Excellent idea. I think I would have done the same. $500 is small change when it comes to something like this. Very good move on your part in my opinion.

Did you opt for one of the new colors too?

Had a 60 in the production queue, and changed it to a 70D today. $500 hit, but figured it would be better to be the first 70D off the line than the last 60.
Certainly you mean $500 hit just for the change order, plus the cost of the upgraded battery and motor? If not $500 for the upgraded extra 10kWh, extra motor, and supercharging, etc. would be the deal of the century...

Had my S for two years, so none of the new safety features, not even parking sensors. Last week placed order for another 60 in my second choice color. Last night I pushed to confirm button to start the build. Woke up this morning to find out about the discontinuing of the 60. I pushed the button less than 12 hours before! Went straight to wild OMG mode. Started calling every Tesla person I knew at 7am this morning to cancel yesterday's finalization. Apparently the purchaser cannot push the final go button any longer- phew.

Well it turned out to be a blessing. Instead of the last 60 rolling off the line, I was one of the first orders for a 70D in the new color, "warm silver". Now I am really excited.

I have to say the new configurations for the options are mighty bizarre.

Had my S for two years, so none of the new safety features, not even parking sensors. Last week placed order for another 60 in my second choice color. Last night I pushed to confirm button to start the build. Woke up this morning to find out about the discontinuing of the 60. I pushed the button less than 12 hours before! Went straight to wild OMG mode. Started calling every Tesla person I knew at 7am this morning to cancel yesterday's finalization. Apparently the purchaser cannot push the final go button any longer- phew.

Well it turned out to be a blessing. Instead of the last 60 rolling off the line, I was one of the first orders for a 70D in the new color, "warm silver". Now I am really excited.

Congratulations to you. Pleased to hear it worked out so well for you. There's already plenty of complaints on TM forum because they press confirm days ago or weeks ago and feel they got a bad deal. Just like last Sep about the first APs and D's.

Had my 40/60 for almost two years too. Was looking to splurge on an 85D because I really like the firmer/more stable ride in the dual motor cars. The 70D and new colors came just in time as my order was set to confirm on Friday. Granted I can't go 0-60 in 4.4 seconds..but am saving nearly $15K with the new 70D.

The config on my tesla didn't show the new options so panicked for a second..then just contacted the sales manager here and she took care of changing my config.

The only crappy part is that I won't have the power lift gate since I refuse to pay $5K just to get it and don't need all the other options in the premium package.

Very interesting Tesla day today. New prices changes, new option configurations, new colors, and new owner changes. Yes, very interesting day. I think the three new colors will be a hit. And pleased to see them, though I would stick with my color.

Officially changed my pending 85D order to a 70D today. Susan said it may take a few days for corporate to switch my deposit over since there are probably alot of people switching over to the 70D. Hoping it will be done by Monday so the production/delivery countdown can begin :rolleyes:

Officially changed my pending 85D order to a 70D today. Susan said it may take a few days for corporate to switch my deposit over since there are probably alot of people switching over to the 70D. Hoping it will be done by Monday so the production/delivery countdown can begin :rolleyes:

I am excited for you. I did see your cousin at Battery Bills and he still thinks you should get the P85D.

dpodoll, nanimac, drtko, papafox, remember those old days when everyone had cars on order and were waiting impatiently for the car's arrival? whoa ! deja vu all over again, huh?

after you got your car, did you ever dream you might go through that again?

I know, I know, drtko and papafox are going to be quick to remind me that you don't have cars on order. Really? you don't? really? Its just a matter of time, - just a matter of time.

dpodoll, nanimac, drtko, papafox, remember those old days when everyone had cars on order and were waiting impatiently for the car's arrival? whoa ! deja vu all over again, huh?

I know, I know, drtko and papafox are going to be quick to remind me that you don't have cars on order. Really? you don't? really? Its just a matter of time, - just a matter of time.

While the waiting time is shorter this time around, it's harder because I know what i'm missing :crying:

I thought I would be driving the fist one for 8 years...things do change