Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Heated seat logic update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
Anyone else have a wife or passenger who leaves the heated seat on?

so, when I'm alone in the car, I turn it off. Because... Why waste the watts?

Then I got to thinking... Why not auto disable the passenger heated seat when it's empty?

the seat already has weight sensors for the passenger air bag. Just pole those to enable/disable.

Of course there should be a settings override if needed, but seems doable to me...

Anyone else have a wife or passenger who leaves the heated seat on?

so, when I'm alone in the car, I turn it off. Because... Why waste the watts?

Then I got to thinking... Why not auto disable the passenger heated seat when it's empty?

the seat already has weight sensors for the passenger air bag. Just pole those to enable/disable.

Of course there should be a settings override if needed, but seems doable to me...

The rear seats do turn off automatically.

Pretty sure the heated seats don't come on when doing Climate Control pre-heat via cell phone. The seat surface is always cold when getting in. I think it starts heating when you open the door.

It would be great if it would let the seats pre-heat.

-m

The rear seats do turn off automatically.

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think they turn off automatically when a passenger gets out and weight is no longer sensed. I think they just don't turn on again after the car has been turned off.

It sounds like the OP is talking about using the weight sensors in the seats to turn off the heating elements when the seats aren't in use.

Unless I'm mistaken I don't think they turn off automatically when a passenger gets out and weight is no longer sensed. I think they just don't turn on again after the car has been turned off.

It sounds like the OP is talking about using the weight sensors in the seats to turn off the heating elements when the seats aren't in use.

Oh if that's the case I misread the OP's meaning. I meant they turn off and don't automatically turn back on when the car is turned off, unlike the front seats.

I'd really like remote app control of the heated seats.