Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Volunteers for an EV Project at Everett Community College, 4/20 and 4/21

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello Tesla Owners!

My name is Teymour Javaherchi and I am an Engineering Instructor at Everett Community College. One of the classes we teach is an Introduction to Engineering Course where students learn basic engineering analysis through hands-on projects. One of the projects we have developed is based on Electric Vehicles. Students perform calculations to compare the cost and environmental impact of electric versus internal combustion vehicles.

We did this project for the first time about two years ago and in order to get the students interested and provide hands-on experience we planned a "EV Day". This event originally was designed and managed with my fellow Mr. Joe Graber during last quarters. This quarter I am taking the lead to gain some experience as well. Last years the Nissan dealership also brought a couple leafs and some other member of this forum brought their Teslas. The day was a HUGE success!! We really want to thank all of our previous volunteers their time.

We can honestly say that I have never seen the students so excited to learn. We also saw many attitudes change. We saw some of my "gear heads" students go from EV haters to EV enthusiasts after a single ride.

We would love to do the same thing this quarter so I am looking for volunteers who would like to show off their cars to group of enthusiastic engineering students. Last time we started off with a 45 minute question and answer session and then gave rides to students 4 at a time.

It is completely up to you whether you would like to simply answer questions and show your car, or take students on short rides (no students will be driving). There will be one or two Leafs there at the same time that students will be able to ride in. So if you are hesitant to let students ride along, don't let that stop you from coming.

We have multiple sections of this course so I am arranging two different days. Here are the times and dates:

Mon. 4/20 - 10:00-11:30 AM
Mon. 4/20 - 12:20-1:30 PM
Tu. 4/21 - 4:00 - 5:30 PM

We are located at 2000 Tower Street in Everett. There are blink chargers located on campus.

The 4/20 session is longer because it will actually be for two class sections (10:00 - 11:30 AM and 12:20 - 1:30 PM with 1 hour lunch break). Each session will be approximate 25 students. The Tuesday session will be a little smaller.

If you can only make one session or even only come for a short time we would still love to have you!

Please let me know if you are interested or if you have any questions and thank you for your support!

You can send me a PM or email me at tjavaherchi at everettcc dot edu.

Thanks!

Thanks Breser and Fred! And thank you Teymour for planning the event this quarter.

For anyone else reading this, we could really use your help in growing this event. This quarter our EV day lines up with our Earth Week Celebration. That means that there will be a lot of interested students as well as community members on campus. I expect the Teslas to draw a lot of attention. Plus it looks like it will be a beautiful day!

It would be great if we could get at least 2 cars for 4/20 from 10 AM to 1:30 PM (lunch break 11:30 - 12:20). If you have ever considered volunteering for our EV project, this quarter is the time to do it! I promise that you will have a lot of fun.

This is great. I believe this event will be huge :) We also have two other fellow with Tesla that we contacted externally and confirmed that they would come.

To summerize so far we have:

- Freds and Rpo confirmed for Monday.
- Breser and Freds maybe for Tuesday.

I will make sure to be in Breezway on time and hope to see you soon.

Thanks again for volunteering :)

This is great. I believe this event will be huge :) We also have two other fellow with Tesla that we contacted externally and confirmed that they would come.

To summerize so far we have:

- Freds and Rpo confirmed for Monday.
- Breser and Freds maybe for Tuesday.

I will make sure to be in Breezway on time and hope to see you soon.

Thanks again for volunteering :)

You are welcome. Where do we meet on campus?

I wanted to give a little bit more information about where to meet. Anyone else who would like to come is still welcome to show up.
Everett Community College is located at 2000 Tower Street in Everett.

On 4/20 please meet 10 am
One 4/21 please meet at 4 PM

Both dates meet in Parking Lot F. Here is a campus map:
http://www.everettcc.edu/files/administration/college-services/security/parking/parking-map-print.pdf

Right after entering parking lot F you will see a ramp to your left that leads up a path to the Breezeway of Grey Wolf Hall (building 7 on the map). Look for Teymour or a Security guard to help guide you up the path (or just drive very slow) since it is also used for walking.

For those of you that have come before, this is the same location as last time, under the roof of Grey Wolf Hall.

If you have any questions give Teymour a call at (267) 275-7666

I am sure it will be a lot of fun and thank you all for participating!

Dear all,

On behalf of all engineering faculties, I wanted to thank all of you who have volunteered for this event and made it possible.

This years event could be successfully scheduled during the Earth Week and with your help we had more cars than all of our previous events.

We all appreciate your valuable time and patience and helping us in educating our young engineers.

Hope to see you soon.

Teymour