Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Photos - Ocean Blue 70D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

bonnie

I play a nice person on twitter.
Feb 6, 2011
Columbia River Gorge
Courtesy of MikeL (he's traveling, unable to post at the moment)

image1.JPG

blue 70D.jpg

I had decided against the darker blue when I saw a couple in Miami, dusty and dull looking. It didn't look good as a near-black and didn't look good as a blue in that state (for my tastes at least). So then I was solely looking at Steel Gray (love how similar it is to the Lexus "smokey gray mica") and the Pearl White. I knew these new colors were coming, but I wasn't excited based on the photos I saw. But this picture really speaks to me. This picture seems like a nice, deep metallic blue and would totally go on my list of colors. I guess I will need to see it in person because the design studio's images make me want to ignore the color. If it is like this in more lighting, this will be the color I end up with!

Obviously, paint choice is a very personal preference. The reason you don't care for the metallic blue (is it black or is it blue), is exactly the reason i love the color. It seems to have more of a "personality" that changes depending on weather conditions and lighting.
The Ocean blue to me(only pictures so far) appears to be always blue, no color shifting. So i prefer the metallic blue.
Anyway, to those who wanted a lighter Blue, now is your chance to get the car of your dreams, that is better than you currently imagine it will be, and will get better over time.