Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

View Waze Incidents on the Tesla browser

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Because the built-in Google maps for some reason don't show simple traffic accidents and Waze incidents:

Waze for Tesla Incidents

Thanks for doing this.

I just added this as a favorite in the car's browser. I was having trouble scrolling around. Was that just me, or is that a limitation of the website?

Do Waze "Incidents" include the traffic jams or average speed traffic is moving, or whatever Waze calls that? (You can probably tell I have not used Waze much at all, but I have seen it.) Since I just added this while the car was in the garage, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic around on a Sunday, I couldn't see any traffic delays, so I couldn't tell if there just weren't any, or if this is something that is not considered a "Waze Incident."

Thanks.

Thanks for doing this.

I just added this as a favorite in the car's browser. I was having trouble scrolling around. Was that just me, or is that a limitation of the website?

Do Waze "Incidents" include the traffic jams or average speed traffic is moving, or whatever Waze calls that? (You can probably tell I have not used Waze much at all, but I have seen it.) Since I just added this while the car was in the garage, and there doesn't seem to be a lot of traffic around on a Sunday, I couldn't see any traffic delays, so I couldn't tell if there just weren't any, or if this is something that is not considered a "Waze Incident."

Thanks.

I've been using it since the OP posted. It shows traffic, police, hazards, etc. Scrolling is hard because the app refreshes fairly frequently and will recenter based upon your location each time. But, you can zoom in and out for a wider view. It takes a bit of getting used to the always North Up presentation, but it's not a major issue. I'm really happy to have it and I default to it as one of my two screens when I am in the car.

Yes, waze incident include traffic jams as reported by Waze users. The icon looks like a red triangle with a few cars staggered diagonally.

The interval for the update is ~30 seconds which allows for a little bit of scrolling. However, the Tesla browser is *really* slow scrolling google web maps. I'm investigating alternate web maps, but I'm getting the impressions that the Tesla Browser is intentionally gimped in many ways.

I've been using it since the OP posted. It shows traffic, police, hazards, etc. Scrolling is hard because the app refreshes fairly frequently and will recenter based upon your location each time. But, you can zoom in and out for a wider view. It takes a bit of getting used to the always North Up presentation, but it's not a major issue. I'm really happy to have it and I default to it as one of my two screens when I am in the car.

Thanks for the answer. As for the scrolling difficulty due to the app refreshing frequently...

Yes, waze incident include traffic jams as reported by Waze users. The icon looks like a red triangle with a few cars staggered diagonally.

The interval for the update is ~30 seconds which allows for a little bit of scrolling. However, the Tesla browser is *really* slow scrolling google web maps. I'm investigating alternate web maps, but I'm getting the impressions that the Tesla Browser is intentionally gimped in many ways.

...any chance of having a checkbox or something that says "don't refresh screen for location" or something like that, so that we could scroll? It would be useful to be able to scroll to see what might be coming up along a planned route.

I'd suggest just resetting the 30 second timer each time the user scrolls.

But you might want to look at where you scrolled to for more than 30 seconds. If it takes you a little while to get the screen to where you want it, and you are then looking at something for a little while, and the site suddenly takes you back to your location, that would be annoying. Some sort of checkbox that says, essentially, "let me have control of the map for now" would be a lot more efficient, as I see it.

Yeah, I'm thinking of a button that appears when you start dragging the map around to tell it to resume centering on the car.

Will give it a go when I find the time. Been a while since I did the google maps stuff and they changed it all again for a 3rd time!

Yeah, I'm thinking of a button that appears when you start dragging the map around to tell it to resume centering on the car.

Will give it a go when I find the time. Been a while since I did the google maps stuff and they changed it all again for a 3rd time!

Actually we need a button to tell it --NOT-- to resume centering on the car. Because every few seconds it centers on the car, automatically. Or something like that.

I'm sure now that you understand the desired use, you can come up with an elegant and simple solution.

Thanks!