Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2013 Model S 85 loaded, low mileage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

I know that price isn't right - I'm actually asking for help determining a fair price on this. Don't know if I'll get that help, but perhaps there are people here who are willing...? I don't trust Kelley Blue Book - the value it gives me is clearly inflated.

Here's the car:

2013 Model S 85
~14,000 miles
VIN LL
L B￾￾Z[ˆX^H Œ LÃB￾ÛÛ™][ÛŽˆÛÚÜÈ^Ù[[￾ÈYKˆBƒB‘Ü™^HY][XÈZ[￾B”[›È›ÛÙƒBŒNHˆÚY[ÈB￾›XÚȘ\HX]\ˆ[￾\š[܃B“Ø™XZÛÛÙX]HB•XÚXÚØYÙCB”ÛÝ[™ÝY[ÈXÚØYÙCB￾XÝ]™HZ\ˆÝ\Ü[œÚ[ÛƒB”™X\ˆ˜XÚ[™ÈÙX]ÃB•Ú[ˆÚ\™Ù\œÃB”Ý\\˜Ú\™Ù\ˆ\™Ø\™H
Ø￾š[Ý\ÛJCBƒB￾YۜΈB“™]Ú\Úš[XXÞHVM\™\˛ؘX›H L Z[\ÈÛˆ[CB‘˜[˜ÞHÙ\˜[ZXÈ[￾Ûˆ™X\ˆÚ[™Ýܢ\™[Hš\ÚX›CBƒBƒBƒBƒB“\Ý]Nˆ
Î ÌŒ MCB“ØØ][ÛŽˆ™]È[ܚ˖K[š]YÝ]\ÃBƒB‘›Üˆ[Ü™H[™›ËÛXÚÈ\™HÈšY]ÈHÜšYÚ[˜[\Ý[™ÎˆÔÒV‘OMVÕT“Z‹ËÝÝÝËœ[š›Ë˜ÛÛKØ￾^KÌŒ LË[[Ù[ \ËN
K[ØYY [ÝË[Z[XYÙKLNLÌŽLWLŒ LÈ[Ù[È
HØYY ÝÈZ[XYÙVËÕT“VËÔÒV‘WCB‹KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB–ÔÒV‘OMWSÛˆØ[H›ÜŽˆЗI LŒË

MËŒ ËЗVËÔÒV‘WHÔÒV‘OH￾—JØØ[XÚÝ\Û›JVËÔÒV‘WCBƒB–ÕT“Z΋ËÝÝÝËœ[š›Ë˜ÛÛKØÚXÚÛÝ] ÌŒ LË[[Ù[ \ËN
K[ØYY [ÝË[Z[XYÙKLNLÌŽLWVÒSQ×Z‹ËÜÝ]XÚ[XYÙ\Ëœ[š›Ë˜ÛÛKØ￾^[›ÝØ￾]Û‹œ™ÖËÒSQ×VËÕT“CB‹KKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKCB–ÒSQ×Z‹ËÝÝÝËœ[š›Ë˜ÛÛKØ[˜[]XÜËÙØKÝ\ÛK[[ÝÜœËXÛX–ËÒSQ×CB

With the introduction of 70D today, I would say it's probably around 60k.

Really? I see the 70D as an improved 60kw. But the shorter range still seems like a deal breaker, to me, even if it's more than the 60. I guess it's just a matter of what people value.

(That's my only concern about selling this car and trading up, which is the plan. The #1 thing for me is range, and I guess charging speed, and I'm not sure if I should just wait however many years until there's any upgrade there.)

If 4WD and the safety features are your primary concern, then yeah, but you probably wouldn't want the car I'm selling anyway.

Separate question for you. Any thoughts on what Kelley Blue Book is actually looking at with the Tesla valuation? It gives me about $80K when I enter all the numbers, which seems high...

is really true that you paid for this car $123,456 as listed in Items for sale? I do not know how important for used car buyers options are, but 85 similar to yours selling in 65 - 70 range, kbb is 80.

Oh god no - I think it was about $95K. I wasn't actually trying to create a listing, just get on the discussion board to have the conversation about the actual value. I just entered 123456 because I first entered "$1" and then when it created an actual listing I was worried that someone would actually try to by my car for that.

(Though if anyone wants to buy this for $123,456, by all means let me know. Ha.)

70D with autopilot will be net $68.8K and many will go for those new gadgets. This really complicate pricing for 2WD even with 85kWh Recently 85kWh with 28KM sold for $64K within day and it transaction really take place on ebay they are about $70K.

70D with autopilot will be net $68.8K and many will go for those new gadgets. This really complicate pricing for 2WD even with 85kWh Recently 85kWh with 28KM sold for $64K within day and it transaction really take place on ebay they are about $70K.

I don't know what calculator you were using. I priced out a 70D configured like my 60 with only BASIC leather, Pano Roof and it came to $81200with fees and before Rebates. And you have to wait up to 15 months to see the value of the credit. This is a steal. If I was in the market I would jump on this and have recommended it to my friends.

That would be the case for me. I would turn off all federal tax withholding from my paycheck for the remainder of the year and that would be roughly $5k right there.

Are you kidding me???? From what you are saying, you will only pay $5000 in income tax over the next 8 months. So your total income tax for a year is about $7500 a year and you can afford to purchase a $80+K car????? OK

Are you kidding me???? From what you are saying, you will only pay $5000 in income tax over the next 8 months. So your total income tax for a year is about $7500 a year and you can afford to purchase a $80+K car????? OK

I do pay more than that in Fed income taxes, but no, I am not joking. At current salary, $5,150 or so withholding expected for the remainder of the year. I will be buying a Tesla with a loan and have adjusted my budget to redirect what my monthly payment would be to a separate savings account so I can build a buffer and get used to the new net pay level. That am also quite happy that a 70D was released and it is highly likely that will be what I end up with in June unless a really good deal comes along on an 85.

- - - Updated - - -

I would concur. I personally would not buy a non-autopilot 85 for more than $65k (regardless of options or low miles), but I'm the perfect target market for the 70D, so that weighs heavily on me (basically a big discount to sway me from a new 70D or used autopilot 85).

I don't know what calculator you were using. I priced out a 70D configured like my 60 with only BASIC leather, Pano Roof and it came to $81200with fees and before Rebates. And you have to wait up to 15 months to see the value of the credit. This is a steal. If I was in the market I would jump on this and have recommended it to my friends.

Except you are comparing a new car to a used car. In a few months 70Ds will be available as inventory cars with about a $6-10K discount and plus you get up to $10K in tax breaks. Add all that up and it makes little sense to pay more than $60K for an S85 because for a bit more you can have AWD, Autopilot, and all the other goodies and improvements in a 2015 70D purchased as an inventory car with the showroom discount and tax rebates.

I'm actually asking for help determining a fair price on this. Don't know if I'll get that help, but perhaps there are people here who are willing...? I don't trust Kelley Blue Book - the value it gives me is clearly inflated.

Here's the car:

2013 Model S 85
~14,000 miles
VIN ~10500
Built ~ May 2013
Condition: looks excellent to me.

Grey Metallic Paint
Pano Roof
19" wheels
Black Nappa Leather interior
Obeah Wood Matte
Tech Package
Sound Studio Package
Active Air suspension
Rear Facing Seats
Twin Chargers
Supercharger hardware (obviously)

Add ons:
Newish Primacy MXM4 tires, probably 1000 miles on them
Fancy ceramic tint on rear windows, barely visible

I'll give you $60k flat. No questions asked.