Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Milwaukee/Waukesha area 50kW DC Fast Charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our charging stations should be back online by Friday if we get the okay from the electrical inspector. They consist of an 80A HPWC, a 75A Clipper Creek CS-100 with a J-1772 plug and a 50kW DC fast charger with combined CC-S and CHAdeMO plugs. For those without the adaptor, we will have one available during normal business hours. We are just off the I-94 highway 18 exit on Bluemound Rd.
2015-04-07 15.50.03.jpeg

First... thank you for your generosity and help for the environment in support of electric vehicles. May karma pay you back many times over.

That said, what on earth is a CC-S plug? (Yes, I Googled it, but now I need to know how to adapt to it.)

I'm very proud of my L2 Frankenplug collection, and until they clear the waiting list, I don't have a CHAdeMO adapter yet... so I'm now fascinated at how to get a Tesla adapter for one of these.

Our charging stations should be back online by Friday if we get the okay from the electrical inspector. They consist of an 80A HPWC, a 75A Clipper Creek CS-100 with a J-1772 plug and a 50kW DC fast charger with combined CC-S and CHAdeMO plugs. For those without the adaptor, we will have one available during normal business hours. We are just off the I-94 highway 18 exit on Bluemound Rd.

Great work! Thanks!!

Would you please share which Combo DC Fast Charger you chose and why? If you had it to do over, what would you have done to improve this install, or is it good the way you put it in?

First... thank you for your generosity and help for the environment in support of electric vehicles. May karma pay you back many times over.

That said, what on earth is a CC-S plug? (Yes, I Googled it, but now I need to know how to adapt to it.)

I'm very proud of my L2 Frankenplug collection, and until they clear the waiting list, I don't have a CHAdeMO adapter yet... so I'm now fascinated at how to get a Tesla adapter for one of these.

You're welcome, it's been fun.
I do not know if Tesla plans on making a CC-S adaptor. A lot of new stations are combined CHAdeMO/CC-S units like mine. I have a bag of those L2 plugs too. When we first started fixing Teslas I tried to use one of them to charge a customers vehicle inside. (We have a dozen 30A drops. Alas, they are all twist lock so I still had to build an adaptor pigtail.

- - - Updated - - -

Great work! Thanks!!

Would you please share which Combo DC Fast Charger you chose and why? If you had it to de car.o over, what would you have done to improve this install, or is it good the way you put it in?
It's a Signet unit and Nissan is the provider. It appears to be a very well built unit and they insist it will output at least 49kW. The only improvement remaining is a solar canopy and that will come later this summer if all goes well. I'll post the performance when I get the adaptor to work. I tried tonight, everything seemed fine but no juice to the car.