Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

3G not working a few times until reboot after 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else experiencing this? A few times since 6.2 I have had no maps or Slacker. Culprit appears to be 3G connection is lost. I don't receive any errors, but the 3G icon looks like the wifi icon and I check and am not connected to any wifi source. Reboot of 17" screen fixes it. I have reported to the Service Center, but thought I would check in with the rest of you.

I have been experiencing similar problems (no map - just blank gray grid on touchscreen, and Slacker plays but does not update on dash display) for the past month since my annual service. At that time the Service Center upgraded my firmware from 6.1.xxx to 6.1.yyy (sorry, don't recall exact versions). The car behaves this way EVERY MORNING, regardless of WiFi connection or number of 3G bars, until a reboot. After a reboot the maps (and Slacker display) usually function fine for the rest of the day. I have a service appointment scheduled for 4/22 to have this addressed.

To reiterate - I'm experiencing this behavior on v6.1.xxx, have not yet received 6.2

There was another thread about this. Us Canadians have been experiencing this since before 6.1 now. For some of us it is related to Energy Saving mode. With Energy saving ON I have had no problems lately with "Always connected" unchecked. I am now on 6.2 (2.4.136). I tried "Always connected" yesterday and 3G did not connect this morning so I set it back to unchecked.

I've also been experiencing this lately. I notice it happens more often in the morning after I leave the house and disconnect from WIFI. Sometimes if I wait long enough it appears to reconnect. Other times I reboot and it resolves itself. It is definitely less stable than before the release.

Hi
I just had it happen to me just like DonD said and I have 6.2 I just had to hold the 2 wheels in for about 10sec seem to have fix it . I think they have a bug zipping around in there dorking things up. the only thing I did different was in crease the charge for 80% to 85% for the trip to NAS JAX

I had this happen this morning. No 3g until I got to work and rebooted. I was afraid to reboot the screen while i was driving as I'm not sure if anything else gets affected during the process.

FWIW, I don't have my home wifi connected yet, and this is after a quick hour charge from 630AM to 730AM. Always connected is checked. Energy Saving mode on.