Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Turn signal on the Model S

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would Tesla consider have the turn signals turn off after the steering wheel returns 15%?
The reason is when making a right turn and a busy driveway of a gas station/ fast food store is less than 50 feet on right the signal tells the folks in the driveway I'm turning into the driveway and I'm not. Just a matter of time till I hit some sucker pulling out in front of me because of this signal issue.
This should be an easy fix.

Would Tesla consider have the turn signals turn off after the steering wheel returns 15%?
The reason is when making a right turn and a busy driveway of a gas station/ fast food store is less than 50 feet on right the signal tells the folks in the driveway I'm turning into the driveway and I'm not. Just a matter of time till I hit some sucker pulling out in front of me because of this signal issue.

People in Mo can be trusted to use turn signals correctly??

Drool... wished we had that in WA! Over here there is no way you can trust a turn signal to mean one or the other thing, you'd land in the hospital in a week!

It's like the mythical "passing lane". Good idea on paper, but no.

Why don't you cancel the signal manually if it stays on longer than you like in this situation? I get that it would be nice to have it turn off automatically, but saying it's "just a matter of time till I hit some sucker" is ridiculous. It's ultimately under your control.

Why don't you cancel the signal manually if it stays on longer than you like in this situation? I get that it would be nice to have it turn off automatically, but saying it's "just a matter of time till I hit some sucker" is ridiculous. It's ultimately under your control.

^^^This. +1. Moreover, how often does the situation you describe or something similar occur per day, per week, or whatever? Alternatively, do not click the turn signal detent. Hold the lever while turning and release it at the appropriate time. Larry93535 is correct in stating that Mercedes is the supplier (entire steering wheel assembly and levers) - so TM may not be in a position to make unauthorized modifications.

How about using the "light-click" which will blink 3 times?

Well, you miss the point. this can be prevented. If Tesla and all the car companies take a hard look at this they can avoid causing a wreck. Sometimes you turn a corner not knowing this situation is in front of you before it's to late. It seems like a simple fix and easy to understand.

Well, you miss the point. this can be prevented. If Tesla and all the car companies take a hard look at this they can avoid causing a wreck. Sometimes you turn a corner not knowing this situation is in front of you before it's to late. It seems like a simple fix and easy to understand.

I don't understand how it can ever be "too late." If the car doesn't turn off the signal for you when you need it to stop, then turn it off yourself. Again, I totally understand that it would be nice to have it be automatic, but automatically turning off the signal when you turn the wheel is purely a convenience thing, not a safety thing. If the blinker stays on longer than you want, turn it off.