Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

20 cars that changed the world

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Model S absolutely deserves to be on that list. That being said, I'm a absolutely gobsmacked that Top Gear editors included it on their list. Maybe they're thumbing their noses at the departed Clarkson & gang.

Personally I would have put the Roadster or even the EV1 on there before the Model S. These cars started the whole EV revolution.

or the t-zero

so far I don't think we have seen how the model S has changed the car industry/world

the success of roadster is what got the leaf, volt, i8 ect built, it will be very interesting to see what cars get built because of the model S

The Model S absolutely deserves to be on that list. That being said, I'm a absolutely gobsmacked that Top Gear editors included it on their list. Maybe they're thumbing their noses at the departed Clarkson & gang.

Agreed! We don't know how much division there was between Clarkson and the people behind the scenes at Topgear on the topic of EVs.

If we do not take this seriously it can be entertaining. Were it to be serious the Model T, Citroën Traction Avant, and a few others would be on this list. For that matter the Audi Le Mans winner was not really the great innovation but common rail was so the Alfa Romeo 156 2.4 JTD would be on this list, if not the even earlier Denso-supplied Hino Rising Ranger.

However, Top Gear is orientated (UK spelling) entirely to bizarre and entertaining absurdities with the odd bit of content snuck in just to be perverse. Thus, their list does well. If they were serious about British the Mini works as does the Defender but what about the Rover 2000?

I do have my personal list drawn from my own past ownership: Honda S600, NSU Ro80, Mazda R100, Rover 2000TC, Maserati Biturbo and finally Tesla P85D. Oddly the only one of my list of "greats" that actually worked well is the Tesla. So, my question is this: for all of us who are professional early adopters of the exotic, how can we explain the tesla when this one actually works?