Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Nonsense from Jim Cramer

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dirkhh

Middle-aged Member
Jul 7, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
Sheesh, he should know better: even if tesla was obsessed with stock price, the numbers are the numbers. Unless you cook the books... Is he insinuating? Dumb.

I don't think he's insinuating that.

He's more saying that Elon picked the one good number from the upcoming earnings report and released it out of context, in order to prop the price up.

The insinuation is more that the good numbers just happens to be cars delivered, but if there was another great number (e.g. backorders placed), he would have released that number instead.

The one strange thing about it was a "change in policy" that was established on a Good Friday morning, when the market was closed.

The way to do the policy change would have been to first announce the change on say March 30. Saying "we will begin to post the sales at the end of quarter, 3 days afterward". There was no warning of the policy change and it was just floated out there with an allowance of 3 days of weekend speculation. It was a form of "random acts of change".

The one strange thing about it was a "change in policy" that was established on a Good Friday morning, when the market was closed.

The way to do the policy change would have been to first announce the change on say March 30. Saying "we will begin to post the sales at the end of quarter, 3 days afterward". There was no warning of the policy change and it was just floated out there with an allowance of 3 days of weekend speculation. It was a form of "random acts of change".

If he announced it during trading hours the Bears would be complaining that he did it during trading hours because he didn't want the market to have a chance to digest the information. They're going to cry foul at anything that raises the stock price with the insinuation that a CEO should not be allowed to promote his company. Not saying Bulls don't do this when it goes the other way, but let's recognize sour grapes for what they are.

Cramer is insinuating that Musk performs technical analysis on Tesla's stock chart and sees the same omens that bears see. I find that pretty offensive. Cramer is simply projecting his own outlook and intentions on to Musk. This is what Cramer would do if he were CEO; it has nothing to do with Musk. It's all about Cramer.

Cramer is insinuating that Musk performs technical analysis on Tesla's stock chart and sees the same omens that bears see. I find that pretty offensive. Cramer is simply projecting his own outlook and intentions on to Musk. This is what Cramer would do if he were CEO; it has nothing to do with Musk. It's all about Cramer.
Which is actually a really good summary of everything that Cramer does. It's all about Cramer.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the way to do a policy change is when and how the company feels it suits them and their interests best.

So, 9,000 cars in Q2, eh?
10k in Q1, 55k for the full year
Bulls assume about 6k Model X in Q4
so 12k, 13k, 20k (14k S + 6k X) for the rest of the year?

Sure, we can go with those numbers.

The 9,000 cars in Q2 is Bonaire's guess. In fact, he went on record as saying this (and I quote): I can just about guarantee with 100% certainty that Q2 will not be 10,000 - perhaps only 9,000.
And you were smart and bet him a Starbucks drink (or a thousand dollars or something), right?

Oh wait, I forgot. You're the one who turned down my bet as well... :)