Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MsElectric, AR, Kugerrand and Johan discuss TMC moderation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's not a WSJ thing, nor a Tesla thing. Go to any website and the comment section is filled with brief, ignorant potshots. Comment sections are now useless other than for entertainment ... if you can stomach them. It's one reason I have such a high regard for this site. Things rarely get out of hand and the level of conversation tends to be pretty high.

I agree but I think personally sometimes the censorship on this TMC site is a bit too draconian and not conducive to sharing information as I've seen instances where I felt relevant discussion was suppressed. I wonder if now this post itself will get deleted by a moderator... :rolleyes:

I do notice though that especially on the WSJ discussion forums that there is quite a bit of hatred towards Tesla that is disproportional. You'd see an article and literally dozens of hateful posts against Tesla. Like I said I think the articles are picked up by some ignorant hate rag and it sends all the angry people over who seem to want to blame Tesla for their political issues.

I sometimes engage with them just to add some balance...

I agree but I think personally sometimes the censorship on this TMC site is a bit too draconian and not conducive to sharing information as I've seen instances where I felt relevant discussion was suppressed. I wonder if now this post itself will get deleted by a moderator... :rolleyes:

Nah this isn't true. Sure the site can be a bit fanboyie at times but nothing too bad. Definitely not even remotely comparable to the level of Tesla hatred (and uninformedness) in the WSJ comments.

Noooo.... say it ain't so.... :D

- - - Updated - - -

Nah this isn't true. Sure the site can be a bit fanboyie at times but nothing too bad. Definitely not even remotely comparable to the level of Tesla hatred (and uninformedness) in the WSJ comments.

But then, that isn't the point... We all know there are places that do not warrant even a moment of our consideration, like a WSJ Tesla comment thread.

TMC, it can and should so better. It is worth it. No need to be fanboyie.

Noooo.... say it ain't so.... :D

- - - Updated - - -

But then, that isn't the point... We all know there are places that do not warrant even a moment of our consideration, like a WSJ Tesla comment thread.

TMC, it can and should so better. It is worth it. No need to be fanboyie.

No it's a fan site. It's supposed to be fanboyie. Please stop with the "mr. 100% objective" attitude.

No it's a fan site. It's supposed to be fanboyie. Please stop with the "mr. 100% objective" attitude.

Equally, stop ignoring people who offer criticism.

A fan site definitely doesn't have to be fanboyie. Nor am I convinced TMC is supposed to be a fan site. A user's/owner's/stock holder's club definitely doesn't have to be fanboyie.

Equally, stop ignoring people who offer criticism.

A fan site definitely doesn't have to be fanboyie. Nor am I convinced TMC is supposed to be a fan site. A user's/owner's/stock holder's club definitely doesn't have to be fanboyie.

Sure it must. For Tesla so early in its development owners and stock holders (the TSLA subforum is really just a minor part of the forum) is very, very likely to be more or less fans.

People who buy Teslas as of now are likely fans.

Not so much with for example. I'm sure for 98% of people who buy a Ford as not fans - they're just buying a car. However go ta an online forum where people debate and analyze every detail that has to do with Ford's cars, business model etc etc. I'm sure you'll mostly find Ford fans there too.

Amirite?

Sure it must. For Tesla so early in its development owners and stock holders (the TSLA subforum is really just a minor part of the forum) is very, very likely to be more or less fans.

People who buy Teslas as of now are likely fans.

Not so much with for example. I'm sure for 98% of people who buy a Ford as not fans - they're just buying a car. However go ta an online forum where people debate and analyze every detail that has to do with Ford's cars, business model etc etc. I'm sure you'll mostly find Ford fans there too.

Amirite?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan. Or a fan of Tesla, quite the contrary. However, no need to be fanboyish - and especially there is no need to suppress relevant discussion. Unfortunately TMC is not always conducive for relevant discussion.

Well, enough of that, MsElectric and myself seem to agree and you disagree and that's that.

- - - Updated - - -

Johan's comment clearly indicates he's heard your criticism, he'd just rather you stopped repeating the same criticism over and over. I tried to explain to you earlier about taking pot shots and how it wasn't cool.

How about MsElectric's criticism? Same courtesy?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with being a fan. Or a fan of Tesla, quite the contrary. However, no need to be fanboyish - and especially there is no need to suppress relevant discussion. Unfortunately TMC is not always conducive for relevant discussion.

This forum has rules and the moderators are the ones who decide if a forum rule has been broken or not. We all have the choice to go some place else if we don't like the rules or how the site is moderated.

How about MsElectric's criticism? Same courtesy?

If and when he repeats that criticism in multiple threads in infinite detail, I'll drop a PM to Johan to remind him to make the same public note to him as he did to you. Fair?

- - - Updated - - -

Are you suggesting me to leave...

Not even a little bit, but how interesting you went down that road.

I clearly think the site is just fine as it is (otherwise I'd not spend valuable time here, or if I felt it important enough to me I'd discuss with the board owner privately), even with my previous disagreements with moderators, costing me well over a dozen of those snazzy green bars.

You were the one who said: We all have the choice to go some place else if we don't like the rules or how the site is moderated.

If you don't think there is an underlying suggestion for critical thinkers to leave, be it myself or MsElectric, fine. FYI, it reads that way.

Please. There are plenty of critically thinking fans on this site. Lots of threads on poor customer service, bad features (12V fails, high power battery fails, breakdowns, bad panel fittings, poor software etc etc etc). I've never seen those discussions quelled.

But unwarranted criticism does get axed pretty quickly here 'cause you'll have to search for a long time to find another group of people as knowledgeable about all things Tesla.

Please. There are plenty of critically thinking fans on this site. Lots of threads on poor customer service, bad features (12V fails, high power battery fails, breakdowns, bad panel fittings, poor software etc etc etc). I've never seen those discussions quelled.

But unwarranted criticism does get axed pretty quickly here 'cause you'll have to search for a long time to find another group of people as knowledgeable about all things Tesla.

Fine, I respect your opinion.

I have seen warranted discussion quelled.

Do you respect mine?

- - - Updated - - -

Not to speak for K (which would be foolish), but she might be suggesting that the rules of the road (TMC) are best discussed in somewhere like Site Feedback rather than the thread about WSJ.

For some reason I don't share your optimism. My view is some would rather not see the discussion at all.

You were the one who said: We all have the choice to go some place else if we don't like the rules or how the site is moderated.

If you don't think there is an underlying suggestion for critical thinkers to leave, be it myself or MsElectric, fine. FYI, it reads that way.

It's a statement of fact, that's all. You've chosen to repeatedly criticize the past little while. Do you believe the moderators are unable to read and comprehend the written word, and that's why you keep on? Do you think continuing to take pot shots at them is working toward the goal you wish for this site? Don't you think a better approach is to take it up with the site owner directly?

I'm not actually looking for you to answer me. But thanks for taking a pot shot at those here who don't think the site needs to change, suggesting they're not critical thinkers. *thumbs up*

- - - Updated - - -

Which moderator was that?

Negative rep from a disagreement with moderators surely sounds draconian.

ModeratorS. I didn't find it 'anything' but disagreements between strangers. Kind of like right now, so no biggie. FYI, you can't actually turn in the green bars for any merchandise of value, I know I tried. So that makes them expendable.

On topic: Great article! Curious comments section.