Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My poor Volt - begging for a charge

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my S85D last Thursday. She is parked in the garage but plugged into my Volt charger as my car delivered early (a month early!) and my HWPC hadn't come in yet. Left for vacation the day after I picked her up.

My Volt is parked next to her in the garage, unplugged. The Volt is texting me to remind me that she is not plugged in and can't charge. Not to anthropomorphize my cars any more than I already do, but her texts to me begging me to plug her in are sounding desperate and sad. She goes back to the dealer in two week and I think she knows it and realizes she already had her last charge. :wink:

LOL!

the forum is acting buggy. I swear this thread had replies... does it show up empty for anyone else?

The very first reply took us down the rabbit hole on the subject of the power off recall, and the mods very wisely split that into its own thread yesterday.

What's left is a poor lonely Volt being ignored in favor of a fancy new car. Congrats on the new car!
Walter

Picked up my S85D last Thursday. She is parked in the garage but plugged into my Volt charger as my car delivered early (a month early!) and my HWPC hadn't come in yet. Left for vacation the day after I picked her up.

My Volt is parked next to her in the garage, unplugged. The Volt is texting me to remind me that she is not plugged in and can't charge. Not to anthropomorphize my cars any more than I already do, but her texts to me begging me to plug her in are sounding desperate and sad. She goes back to the dealer in two week and I think she knows it and realizes she already had her last charge. :wink:

LOL!

Don't feel too bad, my Volt is under a car cover parked outside on the driveway in a half charge condition. At least it was washed before being covering up. However, I may need to use it to make a 350 mile day trip from northern Michigan to Lansing later this month since we don't have a Supercharger near Michigan's capital city.

The very first reply took us down the rabbit hole on the subject of the power off recall, and the mods very wisely split that into its own thread yesterday.

What's left is a poor lonely Volt being ignored in favor of a fancy new car. Congrats on the new car!
Walter

Ha, indeed. As I said before though, show it some looove!