Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Black or Blue ? Totally torn...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know it is a matter of personal choice...
But I can't resist to post the question. I am totally torn by this incredibly important question.

I like the blue reflection of the blue sky on the black paint.
I like to black shades of the blue paint.

I have only a few days left before entering in production. Everyday I change my mind about the color.

So I have to ask :
Has anyone who bought a black Model S ever regretted he should have gone for black ?
Has anyone who bought a blue Model S ever regretted he should have gone for blue ?
Is there a little bit of blue in the black paint ? Or is it really plaint (dull ?) black ?

Your help is highly appreciated !

Have a nice Easter week-end

D.

Both only look good right after you wash them. Especially the Black. I have the Blue. It's beautiful in the sun, WHEN ITS CLEAN. Were I to do it over, I would get the grey.
image.jpg

Thanks
Gorgeous - I like this "it's not blue not black but somewhere in between color".
By the way, It seems you will have plenty of room to play with the coming auto-parking feature :) nice.

I have the blue - it looks black most of the time. I wish they had the lighter shade of blue available when I ordered - you should check it out, looks awesome.

If you're truly down to these two color choices and can't decide, I'd go with blue because the blue can sometimes appear black but the black will never appear blue.

And I just noticed that I said the same thing as the previous post. :cool: I work for the Department of Redundancy Dept.

My guess is the new colors will be announced in two days, on Tuesday. Not been in March in order not to trouble Q1 result. And not the first days of April because it would have made the new quarter reason to evident. Now is the right time because no official announcement might delay new orders. But seen the beautiful pictures above I think I am happy with this dark blue.
I would still be very interested though in owners posting pictures of their black MS with a tone of blue sky reflection.

I went through the same black vs. blue debate before I bought mine. I was very, very adamant about getting black because I always wanted a car in that color. Blue was a close second choice.

I ended up going blue. Black is sharp, but I felt the blue has slightly more personality to it and works well with a black interior and the beige standard headliner. Plus in the dark it's pretty much black anyway, so it's almost like getting the best of both worlds.

On the two occasions I've gotten a loaner, both were black. Now that I've driven in that color for a couple of days, I don't regret going blue. I think black still looks sharp, but the blue is a bit more to my styling.

Color is a very personal decision, probably one of that hardest items to pick in the design studio. I've seen more blues on the road than blacks, if that matters to you.

How are you two so certain that the new colors will show up on April 7?
It won't be today. They tend to make announcements in the morning. Some of the color swatches are back on the website (not linked to yet, but exposed, whereas they had been hidden after the initial discovery), so it stands to reason that the reveal is imminent. I'd keep my eye out over the next couple days.

I swore by black cars for years. Feeling it REALLY is the only color (I am a fan of Henry Ford). But OMG! the work, the work, the work! The very second I was done, it was dusty and not perfect. Yes, I AM obsessed. I have tried white (easy, but looks like my fridge), red (too much for me, though lovely), silver (nice but meh). I have settled on metallic grey and I do love it. Yes, it is dark, but doesn't show as much as black does. Black just shown every darn speck. IMHO.

And now with all the very cool nano tech out, I had my steel grey girl coated in CQuarts Finest. And I simply cannot explain why, but she simply does not get dirty. She is the easiest car to clean that I have ever had. In all honesty, I dust her once a week and do a waterless wash every two and that is about it. I do live in drought stricken CA, which does make it easier...at a huge and scary price.

Gotta love that tech!