Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Bugs in firmware 6.2

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
P85D, firmware 6.2. Some bugs that have reproducibly occurred in 6.2 that were NOT in 6.1 for me:

- Nav bizarrely thinks an address on Commonwealth Ave (one of the major streets in Boston) in Boston, MA, is actually in West Concord, MA, EVEN THOUGH the address was pulled from my history and was correctly located in 6.1. I was so dumbfounded that I tried typing the address in manually, trying a different number on the same street, etc. etc. and they all located to West Concord, MA, which is 30 minutes away. Bizarre.

- I have not gotten timed charging to work once since 6.2. It's set to charge from my Chargepoint station (J1772 adapter) at 3 am each morning, but it never does under 6.2 and reliably did so under 6.1.

Has anyone else seen these two bugs?

P85D, firmware 6.2. Some bugs that have reproducibly occurred in 6.2 that were NOT in 6.1 for me:

- Nav bizarrely thinks an address on Commonwealth Ave (one of the major streets in Boston) in Boston, MA, is actually in West Concord, MA, EVEN THOUGH the address was pulled from my history and was correctly located in 6.1. I was so dumbfounded that I tried typing the address in manually, trying a different number on the same street, etc. etc. and they all located to West Concord, MA, which is 30 minutes away. Bizarre.

- I have not gotten timed charging to work once since 6.2. It's set to charge from my Chargepoint station (J1772 adapter) at 3 am each morning, but it never does under 6.2 and reliably did so under 6.1.

Has anyone else seen these two bugs?

Scheduled charging is still working for me.

I have not noticed the nav errors but I have noticed a new "behavior" after the 6.2.2.4.124 update. When opening the door I hear the "something is wrong" noise or chime. But by the time I get in the car there is nothing presented on the main screen. I get in the car butt first. But if I stick my head in first and look at the screen there is the red exclamation point on the top menu and when I press it quickly the "Software update required. Contact Tesla Service" dialog box is shown on the screen for a couple seconds and goes away on it's own. Has anybody noticed this with this update? I am gonna wait until 6xxxx vehicles get any updates past .124 before trying to contact Tesla Service.

Sorry about the crappy photos.

Attachments

• error1.png
    error1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,245
  • error2.png
    error2.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 2,220
I already posted this in the big 6.2 thread but it's more relevant here.

I have had the same Nav problems that others have been reporting. Also with saved addresses.

This photo was taken while I was already at home, yet it says my home is 24 miles away! (The redacted part is my correct home address.)

mJyWsS1.jpg

Most recent software version we had before 6.2 was .115

I've seen a "Software Update Required" message on the instrument panel screen. I've only seen it from outside the car while it's plugged in. I didn't look at the center screen so I don't know if it showed up there. It hasn't popped up while I actually tried to use the car. My plan is to ignore it until it either goes away or something happens, since it definitely looks spurious.

I've seen a "Software Update Required" message on the instrument panel screen. I've only seen it from outside the car while it's plugged in. I didn't look at the center screen so I don't know if it showed up there. It hasn't popped up while I actually tried to use the car. My plan is to ignore it until it either goes away or something happens, since it definitely looks spurious.
Call Tesla. They can push the update a second time and that seems to fix it.

Anyone else had an issue with the music muting on entering the vehicle? It isn't every time for me, but most of the time it occurs.
I can't confirm the NAV issue, but I did use NAV this weekend for a well known location and it tried to route me to an address across the street and set back from the road a bit. Surprised me as I'm pretty sure I'd used the Tesla NAV for this location in the past.

.124 version.

efusco, I thought the audio system starting in mute at vehicle start was one of the new features of 6.2. Are you saying you have a bug where it is not always taking effect?

That's a 'feature'? Is there a way to disable that feature?
And yes, if it is supposed to always mute, then there's a bug that it does not always do so....but back to my original opinion, why the hell would they make it auto-mute?

And yes, if it is supposed to always mute, then there's a bug that it does not always do so....but back to my original opinion, why the hell would they make it auto-mute?

It should be a configurable option IMO. I've had moments where I got in the car after my SO had been driving it, I sit down in the quiet car and I am suddenly BLASTED with gangsta rap, lol. Starting the car with music on mute would be a blessing in most cases for me :p

Had a 2000km trip over Easter weekend. Very poor trip planner, skipping many superchargers! Sometimes it shows that is impossible to reach a destination, just because it FORGETS a supercharger just on the way. For the same reason it wanted me to drive back 40km to the previous supercharger, because it did not consider I had a supercharger just few more km ahead of me. Bottom line the trip planner must always be double and triple checked. Cannot rely on it yet.

Another 6.2 bug: when I approach the locked, charged car, the door handles present, but the charging adapter does NOT unlock in the charging port. The charge port light ring stays blue instead of white. Instead, I have to hold the trunk button on the key fob to unlock it. With 6.1, nearly always the charging port unlocks the J1772 adapter whenever I approach the car and the door handles present.

Same here. The first few days after the update, there was no auto-mute. Then one fine days, it happened several times and I thought I touched 'mute' accidentally. And for the past 2 days, there was no auto-mute again.

Another 6.2 bug: when I approach the locked, charged car, the door handles present, but the charging adapter does NOT unlock in the charging port. The charge port light ring stays blue instead of white. Instead, I have to hold the trunk button on the key fob to unlock it. With 6.1, nearly always the charging port unlocks the J1772 adapter whenever I approach the car and the door handles present.

I think you're mistaken, the chargeport never unlocked automatically.