Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HELP! The Roadster will not move!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The touchpanel reads "ID 1900 Communication problem service required" and
seems like the security system has immobilized the car!

Also, the emergency brake is on, so I can not push the car around...
Is there any way that I can manually release the emergency brakes?!

The car is 2010 Roadster btw

Please let me know!

Last edited:
Isn't there a 24 hour service number? The parking brake is just controlled by the brake lever, so you should be able to disengage that. To push the car, though, there is a transmission lock pin that has to disengaged. There should be a procedure to do that in the service manual which involves using the VDS. I guess you already know this. So you're saying you can't access any of the functions on the VDS?

If the VDS is still active, you can push the car by going into "tow mode"; it is fairly easy to find in the menus. Otherwise, most VDS errors/warning will disappear when you click on them. Others will reset when you plug & unplug the charger (or open/close the charging port door). Otherwise it's the 24hour service number or just call the closest Tesla store...

yes, well it's my boss's car, not mine
i'm posting for him since he doesn't speak English haha

the vin# is 5YJRE1A31A1000824

when calling Tesla service,
they insist on speaking with my boss but he doesn't speak English...

Last edited:
Where is this car currently located ?

Gardena, CA 90248

At my boss's residence.

Spoke with Leah in service at Santa Monica dealership,
but she hasn't been much help to me...

Tried going direclty to the sales person that sold us the car,
but when they transfered the line, it goes to the Santa Monica service...

Anyhow, thanks for your insites, and let me have my boss try the VDS
hopefully he can still access it...

I thought this forum was an official forum by Tesla Motors LOL

That happens a lot so I don't blame you.

Hopefully you can work it out with the service center or the store the car was purchased from. Maybe you can go with your boss with documentation proving ownership if that is what is holding you up.

Usually Tesla responds fairly fast to service calls, but it'll be hard since your boss can't talk with them on the phone.

I thought this forum was an official forum by Tesla Motors LOL

But yeah, the service in Santa Monica don't know much.

I tried ordering the Point Lift Adapters that you need when hoisting the car up using a hoist,
and she didn't even know what I was talking about... it's clearly on our Owner's Manual...

They should be there within 2-4 hours if your boss calls... Just let him read a text :)

If this thread is for real, try both your boss calling from a phone with an extension so both of you can be on the line at the same time. Have your boss read a short prepared text identifying himself and saying that you will translate for him. Be prepared with the VIN (vehicle identification number).