Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone get their non-piano black center console?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was added to the carbon fiber decor waitlist last August and tesla online orders said "[FONT=Calibri, sans-serif]We estimate the console will become available to those recently added to the list in the spring." Just wondering if anyone got it since it is spring now.[/FONT]

We don't even have a wait list here. Only a list for piano black.

Tesla does actually have a wait list for the other trims if you Email them. I have been on that for a while waiting for the Obeche matte finish for about a year. The guys at the service center pulled one of the piano black versions out of the box to show me; it did look pretty nice.

Tesla does actually have a wait list for the other trims if you Email them. I have been on that for a while waiting for the Obeche matte finish for about a year. The guys at the service center pulled one of the piano black versions out of the box to show me; it did look pretty nice.

I did but they referred me back to the local SC, which only has a wait list for piano black and no idea when the other trims will be available, if ever.

When I ordered mine in March I was told early fall. I cancelled the wait list and ordered the piano black to go with my glossy Obeche. When I get the car next week, in transit to Denver, I'll report on how it looks.

Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't see where you can order a Tesla Center Console on the Design Studio, and I didn't see it at the Tesla store.

How does one go about ordering any type of Tesla console?

Larry

Here's the shop link: Tesla Gear Shop Premium Front Console - Piano Black

- - - Updated - - -

I was added to the carbon fiber decor waitlist last August and tesla online orders said "We estimate the console will become available to those recently added to the list in the spring." Just wondering if anyone got it since it is spring now.

Here's the thread on the wait list queue.
Premium Console Waiting List
You can find your number by asking. I happen to be #835, waiting since 2013...

Others with different trims have ordered the piano black console and been very happy with it. We are talking about a 3x4" piece of plastic as the only differentiation. Center console is so worth it (to have, the $600 price tag is still debatable), so just go ahead and order the piano black.

I had the piano black installed at delivery. I don't even notice the difference. Not only that, but the door with that trim on it is usually always open anyways. Closed, because of how low it is, it doesn't look out of place. The Tesla center console is way better than the evannex one and actually uses all of the space unlike the evannex. Plus the cup holders can be configured for size and position. Its very clever. Me being one to complain about lack of pockets and other storage in the car, the Tesla center console is so good it almost makes up for the other shortcomings.

....but not the lack of lighted vanity mirrors and grab rails :)

i received a call that my carbon fiber center console is in and they are installing it on the 15th.
I've asked for pictures as I really don't remember what I ordered... 1.5 years ago.

For anyone who has one setup for an iPhone, how does that work? Does it work with any iPhone in a case or not?