Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

No future schlock - WSJ's review of the Tesla P85D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm always bemused by the amazement about one pedal driving. As if manual transmissions haven't been using engine compression to brake since the inception of the ICE. Granted, EV regen is much more refined but whenever I get in an ICE automatic I miss the gear shift.

I'm always bemused by the amazement about one pedal driving. As if manual transmissions haven't been using engine compression to brake since the inception of the ICE. Granted, EV regen is much more refined but whenever I get in an ICE automatic I miss the gear shift.

Driving a manual ICE isn't exactly one pedaled driving, though. :)

Well, neither is driving a Model S on a winter's morning either.

The comments from those who love the sound of an ICE engine are the height of irony and, perhaps, stupidity.

ICE engine sounds are the symbol of the air around us being poisoned. If people really value the sound so much, I have a suggestion. Put your high powered ICE in the garage, close the door, and rev it up for about 30 minutes. You'll die loving the sound:) And we'll all benefit from natural selection, if you know what I mean.

The comments from those who love the sound of an ICE engine are the height of irony and, perhaps, stupidity.
ICE engine sounds are the symbol of the air around us being poisoned. If people really value the sound so much, I have a suggestion. Put your high powered ICE in the garage, close the door, and rev it up for about 30 minutes. You'll die loving the sound:) And we'll all benefit from natural selection, if you know what I mean.
Might want to put a disclaimer on that one artsci, just out of generosity towards those of below average intellect.

I just don't look at the comments at most sites anymore. There is so much trolling and FUD and posturing, it is a massive waste of time and heart to even read this stuff, much less respond.

A fantastic business model for newspapers in this day and age could be to charge a small fee to make comments discrete and opt in; and the free edition puts them in your face. I'd spring my wallet in a second.