Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CHAdeMO - New England Sites ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do any of you know of operational high powered CHAdeMO sites in the New England States and Eastern NY?
If you know of any please reply and list its location, also list any fees associated or any use restrictions.

Just wondering about ordering a Tesla CHAdeMO adapter but need a good sense of what the recharge station availability is.

Thanks Art

I'm also interested in this information.
The CHAdeMO map shows several around New England but with the possible exception of Bangor and some in Quebec I'm not sure they're very useful. Once the planned 2015 Superchargers are built out I don't see even them being much help. The problem I see is for remote areas in NH and ME where there really are only some relatively slow charging options. In the winter some of these areas are going to be tough to get to and back unless you find destination charging.

I believe every NISSAN dealership has a EV charging equipment with CHAdeMO capable connectivity. I have one on the way to work. I hope I can convince them to let me charge my TM.

Many, but not all, Nissan dealerships have CHAdeMO chargers, charging policy is set by each dealer, and some like the Nissan dealer in Boulder, CO turn down the max charge rate to save on demand charges.

If you are counting on charging, call ahead.

More CHADeMO's are popping up in VT, thanks to some Green Mountain Power/NRG eVgo partnership:

Hampton Inn, WRJ: Hampton Inn - White River Junction (Coming Soon) | Hartford, VT | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare
Quechee Mall, Quechee: Quechee Mall (Coming Soon) | Hartford, VT | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Both just appeared on PlugShare; scheduled to open mid-May. They are listed as a GMP Freedom Stations, with 2 L2's and a CHAdeMO. I think NRG eVgo CHdeMO's are 44kW.

The eVgo CHAdeMO in Rutland, VT is nominally 43 kW, but it's the slim Nissan model where many Teslas can't get over 25 kW.
I stopped by both sites today, took some photos, and updated the Plugshare listings. The L2's and CHAdeMO's are powered up. I did not attempt to charge (driving an ICE).

Unfortunately, I can confirm the CHAdeMO's at both sites are the slim Nissan units RiverBrick mentions.

Excuse my ignorance, but do we need a special card for NRG eVgo stations or we can use a credit card?

evGO has subscription plans, but for occasional CHAdeMO use they're not worth it. Plus, for now they don't allow you to enroll with a Canadian address. You can, however, call to have a 30-minute CHAdeMO session enabled for $9.99. This does become tiring to give your address and credit card info over the phone each time, but at least it works in an emergency and I think it's currently your only option. One site in California had adjacent unit (not a reader on the station) that was supposed to be able to accept credit cards, but rejected mine, perhaps once again because evGO doesn't recognize Canada.

http://www.nrgevgo.com/charging-plans-by-market/