Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware 6.2 - Steering Wheel Audio Controls No Longer Working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. Is anyone else having trouble with the Mute button on the left handed of the steering wheel please? Since the software update, the single click action no longer works for me to mute/pause. Also the next and previous buttons no longer change channel.

Any ideas please? I have rebooted the instrument cluster and the touch screen. Thanks.

Had the same problem after the 6.2 (2.4.124) update. Left scroll wheel could still control volume, but pressing to toggle mute did nothing. Next and Previous buttons also did nothing. Only the currently selected track would play, then stop playing at the end. The time remaining/elapsed indicators did not update, and the scrubber control did not move. Rebooting both screens did not solve the issue.

What finally resolved it for me was a "long" reboot, holding down both scroll wheels for 40 seconds (i.e. keeping them held down even after the main screen had rebooted).

Had the same problem after the 6.2 (2.4.124) update. Left scroll wheel could still control volume, but pressing to toggle mute did nothing. Next and Previous buttons also did nothing. Only the currently selected track would play, then stop playing at the end. The time remaining/elapsed indicators did not update, and the scrubber control did not move. Rebooting both screens did not solve the issue.

What finally resolved it for me was a "long" reboot, holding down both scroll wheels for 40 seconds (i.e. keeping them held down even after the main screen had rebooted).

I was just having this exact same issue in my Model X 75D, v7.1 (2.36.31) and the "Long" reboot resolved the issue.

Thank you for sharing your solution!