Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Homelink = Hormann Automatic Gate / Garage Door Opener

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For those of us lucky enough to have an MS and a Hormann automatic garage door (and/or gate, for that matter) you may be interested to know that they are compatible and very easy to use with the MS. Once the Homelink opener/light/other billy-doo is programmed into the MS (a simple matter - just follow the instructions on the MS' touchscreen - Controls > Settings > HomeLink - and/or the instructions on page 109 of V6.2 MS' Owners manual), the MS will automatically drop down a Homelink control on the touchscreen when you get 'close' to wherever the MS was programmed to use the relevant Homelink-compatible device - tap on the recant item and it will operate. MW

For those of us lucky enough to have an MS and a Hormann automatic garage door (and/or gate, for that matter) you may be interested to know that they are compatible and very easy to use with the MS. Once the Homelink opener/light/other billy-doo is programmed into the MS (a simple matter - just follow the instructions on the MS' touchscreen - Controls > Settings > HomeLink - and/or the instructions on page 109 of V6.2 MS' Owners manual), the MS will automatically drop down a Homelink control on the touchscreen when you get 'close' to wherever the MS was programmed to use the relevant Homelink-compatible device - tap on the recant item and it will operate. MW

which Hormann model? I have been advised by local Garage door installation company that Hormann opener works but they have to change the receiver to a homelink compatible one (inside the motor box). They have tried that with Tesla?
Do you mean that Hormann works directly. I understood that they have some proprietary encryption protocol which is not supported by HomeLink

Yes old openers usually work. The Hormann mentioned in the opening post is a modern one with their own encryption protocol, not compatible with homelink

Sorry - I forgot to subscribe to my own post and missed these replies.

The Hormann remote I use is an HSE2-868 (868MHZ). The MS works fine with both the original garage door operator as well as the spare receiver I used to add Hormann HSE2 control to my front gate. Whether that is the 'modern' one referred ot by DLT or not, I don't know, but it certainly works fine with my Hormann equipment.

"I have been advised by local Garage door installation company that Hormann opener works but they have to change the receiver to a homelink compatible one" Well they would, wouldn't they! MW