Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Beverly Hills Women's Club Model S event accidentally reported as Model X Test Drive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

4SUPER9

2022 Model S
Jun 6, 2013
So Cal
Beverly Hills Women's Club Model S event accidentally reported as Model X Test Drive

I am not sure if this has been posted elsewhere, or if there have been similar events. I am not a reservation holder for the Model X, so I have not been following threads closely (except for the one loser who threatened to sue Tesla only to have his res canceled).

The Beverly Hills Women's Club sent out an official invitation today for an April 11th Test drive of the Model X:

Saturday, April 11th, 2015
10:00am - 2:00pm Refreshments
This Saturday afternoon at the BHWC will be one not to miss! Special tours of the Clubhouse will showcase the continuing restoration in detail of our landmark property and, the new Tesla SUV Model X will be available for test drives! So, invite your friends and potential new members to join us for a casual day of friendship and fun!

• [*=left]Test drives are on a first-come-first-served basis.
    [*=left]Four people per car is permitted, but only one driver allowed.

Here's the link to the actual event. I am not invited :crying:
http://bhwclub.org/espresso-events/?ee=168

At first, I thought this was an April's fool joke, but it was sent on April 3rd and it seems legit. My mother received the invitation and forwarded it to me. She has absolutely no interest, and I am out of town that day. I am also the wrong gender.
This club has frequent interesting special events.

sort of an odd choice, but I guess if Tesla wants a female focus group...

can't say I wouldn't be miffed some randomers get to ride and or drive, while sig owners can't even get a peek at the design.

If you get me an invite I will make your Starbucks a Venti:biggrin:
I'll see your Venti and raise you a scone. :biggrin:

Seriously doesn't seem right if it's a Release Canditate. We were told that we would only see it at delivery time. Would be a shame to wait 3 years and hear reactions from perhaps non-reservation holders. That being said, A focus group for the Prototype might be interesting, but at this stage of the game? Seems odd.

At first, I thought this was an April's fool joke, but it was sent on April 3rd and it seems legit. My mother received the invitation and forwarded it to me. She has absolutely no interest, and I am out of town that day. I am also the wrong gender.
This club has frequent interesting special events.
If you followed the link to the website you would read under membership "Our diverse membership is made up of women and men ranging in age from 25 to 95 years old." A non-discriminatory club.

Model X Test Drive Event

I just saw this thread and after reading the OP I immediately decided the most likely explanation was that whoever composed the "invitation" (clearly not a Tesla employee) simply was confused about which Tesla model was involved. Obviously that event would not be where Tesla would chose to debut the X.

Move along, nothing to see here...

I've gotten clarification - it's a Model S drive event. Somehow the other end got it mixed up and is promoting the wrong car. It will be corrected.

(Really? You all were ready to believe this? C'mon!!!)
Interesting. How did you discover this? If that's the case, then someone really blew it. They clearly show the Model X pic and call it the SUV. There could be many disappointed people arriving at the event. I myself have plans to be out of town that day, and was trying to figure out a way to get out of it. At the very least, I was going to insist my mother attend just to find out the real story.

Interesting. How did you discover this? If that's the case, then someone really blew it. They clearly show the Model X pic and call it the SUV. There could be many disappointed people arriving at the event. I myself have plans to be out of town that day, and was trying to figure out a way to get out of it. At the very least, I was going to insist my mother attend just to find out the real story.

I contacted someone at Tesla who would know what events are going on. And yes, someone arranging the luncheon clearly blew it. (Btw, the pic is an old prototype picture, so whoever put the announcement together just went looking for a photo and found that.)

The X is not being launched in Beverly Hills at a luncheon.

- - - Updated - - -

Thread title should be changed....

There's never a mod around when you need one.....

Hahaha. Thought crossed my mind, too. Once a mod ...

May I also point out that even if Tesla brought a Model-X prototype to this event, they are not legally allowed to provide test drives. I recall this from the Model-S. There were no test drives of the Model-S prior to the production models, due to legal reasons.