Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Thermal imagery when one of the cooling fans stop working

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
here are some photos, and a little video I put together while supercharging and one of my cooling fans stopped working. Service center set it's okay to drive with just one fan until my car goes in yet again next Friday. 2015 has not been kind to me. it has been in for service every tuna half weeks, not counting The couple weeks I was in China.
IMG_6285.JPG
IMG_6286.JPG
IMG_6287.JPG

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 640
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 629
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 625
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 602
Last edited by a moderator:
really, no duct tape?
or at least some sturdy dental floss
Because we all know from FlasherZ that wet dental floss works to solve most of your wiring problems... see here

- - - Updated - - -

This is me were talking about. I never leave home without my camcorder, flir, tripod, a .45acp, .22, umc, and a can of wtf :)
Out of curiosity... which flir do you own?

Because we all know from FlasherZ that wet dental floss works to solve most of your wiring problems... see here

- - - Updated - - -

Out of curiosity... which flir do you own?
FlirONE. It's a attachment that attaches to the iPhone 5 and 5s like a external case. Has the thermal imager, and a standard camera, combines the images of thermal and standard to increase the clarity of the image.
Duct tape, yes, it's in my tool box. Forgot I carry my tool box and ratchets with me too.

FlirONE. It's a attachment that attaches to the iPhone 5 and 5s like a external case. Has the thermal imager, and a standard camera, combines the images of thermal and standard to increase the clarity of the image.
Duct tape, yes, it's in my tool box. Forgot I carry my tool box and ratchets with me too.

Funny you posted this today. Just earlier today I ordered a FLIR One for myself from the Norwegian Apple store :)

I have an iPhone 6 plus. So I put my name on their "pre-register" list for the next gen device that claims to support all iPhones...

Last week, while sitting in the car and supercharging, "Smoke" started coming from my front end. I jumped out and sniffed it.... Turns out, it was all the road spray on the front end boiling off the radiator.

Hmm, would be nice if a little service dialog would pop up informing the user to get it checked out. Not all of us carry around IR cams to diagnose the issue.

Hmm, would be nice if a little service dialog would pop up informing the user to get it checked out. Not all of us carry around IR cams to diagnose the issue.

This should be the norm. Redundancy does little good if a bad unit is not repaired. Tesla has all the telemetry to make this happen; I would hope that they are moving towards implementing in car messages and e-mails with severity ratings for how soon to fix the problem.

Not all of us carry around IR cams to diagnose the issue.
This should be the norm. Redundancy does little good if a bad unit is not repaired. Tesla has all the telemetry to make this happen; I would hope that they are moving towards implementing in car messages and e-mails with severity ratings for how soon to fix the problem.
He. When you're response started with "this should be the norm" I first thought you meant everyone should have an IR camera with them... :-D