Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

searching for version numbers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

dirkhh

Middle-aged Member
Jul 7, 2013
Portland, OR, USA
The search and advanced search feature have one major shortcoming. You cannot search for version numbers (or maybe I just haven't figured out how).
Let's say you are looking for posts about a specific firmware build... has anyone posted about 2.4.136 ? Whatever I try to enter this, TMC searches for 2 4 136 (so the three numbers, as separate search terms) and of course comes up with thousands of hits...
Is there any way this could be fixed? The use case might be rather obvious :)

I have a very hard time searching too. Not only do I not find the topic I am looking for (not always), but when I get the results, which lists a snippet of a post that looks like it might lead me to what I want, when I click it, I don't get that post but a page in a thread. Then I need search through them all and rarely end up finding it.

I have another one too. It happens every day: As I am trolling through all the new posts, page by page to keep up to date. I always end up, at some point getting search not found or the like. Could be going from page 8 to 9 , 14 to 15. No consistency. Then I have to hit new posts and try to find where I was, which based on current activity, could be several pages farther than where I was.

Oh how I suffer!

I just go old school and search by typing in the url, followed by the search term: "teslamotorsclub.com: 2.4.124".

That search returned a bunch of links with preview, like so:

Screen Shot 2015-04-03 at 5.56.20 PM.png

Yeah, that works much better than the vbulletin search.
I still don't understand why the search term works for Nigel and not for me.
I'm sure there's some special treatment for people with more than 8 green bars...

Actually, what seems to work best for me is this (in Google):

2.4.136 site:teslamotorsclub.com