Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

IL Suspends Clean-Car Rebates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes... they also suspended payments for solar PV systems. I was pre-approved for a $10K rebate; the project finished in January. I don't know if I'll ever see that money - makes my payback about 23 years on the PV system I put up. Net effect is that solar PV installs are pretty much going to stop dead in Illinois except for the people who are emotionally invested only.

I talked about it here:
IL Ends $4k Rebate program

Some good news today:

State of Illinois said:
The Illinois Energy and Recycling Office of the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (“DCEO”) has reviewed the documentation in support of your project, which you submitted for the Fiscal Year 2015 Solar and Wind Rebate Program. I am pleased to inform you that DCEO will be processing for payment the completed rebate documentation that you submitted, and the rebate will be forthcoming. Please feel free to contact me with any questions.

So it appears that the state may still process the applications that it currently has, and then shut the program down. I don't know if this means that the EV rebates will be paid, but I was pleasantly surprised to see this news (otherwise, losing $10k was a big problem for me). Now I just have to hope the check clears. :)