Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Universal Mobile Connector (UMC) Error Codes?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does someone have a list of the error codes for the UMC?

I did a search on the forum and didn't come up with anything (might have been using the wrong terms, though), and the UMC manual just says to "note the number of flashes and call Tesla Service". Not helpful.

Thanks guys.

Unfortunately, the Wiki just gives me a list of the VDS codes and, when my UMC flakes out, I just get "External Charger Problem" on the VDS...which tells me nothing. I do, however, get a specific error code on the UMC. It's just that Tesla feels that what this code means is none of my business.

If the code means "Your charger is about to die, we'd suggest you go buy a new one", that's fine...I'll go buy a new one. But, if the code is telling me "You've got crappy line voltage today"...that's something else!

The UMC will fail once in a while. I can unplug the UMC, plug it back in, and it seems OK after that (until the next time it flakes out). But, it would be really nice to have some general idea WHY it's failing.