Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla Delivers 10,030 Vehicles in Q1 of 2015

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

RobStark

Jul 2, 2013
Los Angeles, USA
SOURCE: Tesla Motors, Inc.
26814_teslalogo.jpg

April 03, 2015 09:00 ET

Tesla Delivers 10,030 Vehicles in Q1 of 2015

PALO ALTO, CA--(Marketwired - Apr 3, 2015) - Tesla Motors (NASDAQ: TSLA) delivered 10,030 cars in Q1 of 2015, which is a new company record for the most deliveries in a quarter and represents a 55% increase over Q1 last year.

Going forward, Tesla will publish the number of new car deliveries within three days of quarter end. We have decided to take this approach, because inaccurate sources of information are sometimes used by others to project the number of vehicle deliveries.

There may be small changes to this delivery count (usually well under 1%), as Tesla only counts a delivery if it is transferred to the end customer and all paperwork is correct.

Also, this is only one measure of our financial performance and should not be relied on as an indicator of our quarterly financial results, which depend on a variety of factors, including the cost of sales, foreign exchange movements and mix of directly leased vehicles.

ABOUT TESLA
Tesla Motors' (NASDAQ: TSLA) goal is to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable transport with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-based Tesla designs and manufactures electric vehicles, as well as EV powertrain components. Tesla has delivered nearly 70,000 electric vehicles to customers worldwide.

[CONTACT INFORMATION

http://www.marketwired.com/press-rel...la-2006611.htm

16832742228_53cddd2b85.jpg

Don't get me wrong--I'm a big fan to TSLA, but thought this piece was interesting from the WSJ as a counterpoint. The author looks at metrics beyond just the number of cars delivered to value the company.

Tesla’s Speed Isn’t the Whole Story -- Heard on the Street - WSJ

It is a bad article. Aside from FUD, I don't see any new information. The whole article is full of speculation "might / could / should" and comes back to the basic premise that yes, Tesla projected a growth and that growth has not been realized yet (as logically the year is not over yet).

If you compare Q1 2013 numbers to Q4 2013 numbers you could write the exact same WSJ article today. These articles were around back then, they will be around in future, too.

I remember that before the Model S was released, the common tune of the FUD was "nobody has ever designed a car from scratch and engineered it successfully", then when it was built the tune was along the lines of "well, they build XX hundreds, that's easy. Now the hard part comes: building XX thousands".

I'm really tired of these articles. I want new, intelligent and good bear stories, not the old, dumb, rehashed and stupid ones!

Last edited: