Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Iphone Tesla App

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this app is pretty good but there are a ton on things missing.

1. One huge issue is the mapping and energy. I shouldn't have to goto the car to perform this calculation. How about putting this on the app so I can get my mapping in my head before I get to the car.

2. How about when its charging, how many miles have been added.

3. See all the charging stations on the phone

4. How about access to the rear camera on the phone

Any other functions?

I hope Elon reads this and gets these CS people moving forward on the app progression

There are a ton of missed opportunities with both apps. But it's a matter of opportunity cost - the cost of working on the phone apps vs. working on the firmware. I just wish they'd have spent the energy to provide for a supported SDK and let the market create amazing apps.

I think this app is pretty good but there are a ton on things missing.

1. One huge issue is the mapping and energy. I shouldn't have to goto the car to perform this calculation. How about putting this on the app so I can get my mapping in my head before I get to the car.

2. How about when its charging, how many miles have been added.

3. See all the charging stations on the phone

4. How about access to the rear camera on the phone

Any other functions?

I hope Elon reads this and gets these CS people moving forward on the app progression
1 could be done as the API gives you current rated range and position. The one interesting thing that's missing is then sending the destination to the car. That's a HUGE miss in my mind.
2 is possible with the current API
3 is independent of the API
4 is not possible with the API and would be quite a significant data load. The read camera is 720p IIRC, so streaming that would be 2.5Mbit/s. Certainly doable with 3G but expensive if used heavily...

Where can I get the Tesla iOS app? The question is sufficiently dumb that I'm not going to start a new thread for it. The problem is that I can't find the Tesla iOS app anywhere in the Apple app store or iTunes Store; I've tried searching under "Tesla" (lots of returns on the band and the man), "Tesla Motors" and "Tesla Model S". No app anywhere, except for a $4.99 payware app of some kind.

the app would go on my wife's new iPad Air. we installed the Tesla app on her previous second-generation iPad over a year ago and I don't recall any problem getting the app from Apple. Apple seems to think the app is currently available from iTunes ...
Tesla Model S on the App Store on iTunes
... but I can't find a page to download it from. And yes, I've been searching from the new iPad.

It occurs to me that maybe the iOS Tesla app can now be downloaded only from Tesla Motors, but I can't find anything on the TM web site to that effect. Also, the Android version of the app (which I've got on my phone and tablet) can still be found easily at the Google Play Store. I've not seen any posted complaints about the iOS app going AWOL, so I'm clearly missing something. What is it, folks?

Where can I get the Tesla iOS app? The question is sufficiently dumb that I'm not going to start a new thread for it. The problem is that I can't find the Tesla iOS app anywhere in the Apple app store or iTunes Store; I've tried searching under "Tesla" (lots of returns on the band and the man), "Tesla Motors" and "Tesla Model S". No app anywhere, except for a $4.99 payware app of some kind.

the app would go on my wife's new iPad Air. we installed the Tesla app on her previous second-generation iPad over a year ago and I don't recall any problem getting the app from Apple. Apple seems to think the app is currently available from iTunes ...
Tesla Model S on the App Store on iTunes
... but I can't find a page to download it from. And yes, I've been searching from the new iPad.

It occurs to me that maybe the iOS Tesla app can now be downloaded only from Tesla Motors, but I can't find anything on the TM web site to that effect. Also, the Android version of the app (which I've got on my phone and tablet) can still be found easily at the Google Play Store. I've not seen any posted complaints about the iOS app going AWOL, so I'm clearly missing something. What is it, folks?

Did you search for iPad only apps? The Tesla is an iPhone only app, and I know that sometimes when searching the App Store from an iPad the mode for iPad apps only is selected by default.

Here's my wish list for the app:

1. Geo fencing, like VisibleTesla, so I am immediately notified if the car goes out of a defined range. Only shows location now.
2. Comprehensive AC controls: vent, fan, recirc, A/C on/off auto. Often I will leave the car at night on a low manual fan speed. In the AM, when I remotely turn it on, it maintains original settings except for temp, of course, so I can't crank up the fan in order to more quickly condition the interior. But I am a fiddler, so I am always changing the HVAC.
3. Vent windows 1/2"

Other even more useful ones could be:

A: Remotes wash, wax and vacuum
B: Fire Ion Cannon (previous post)
C: A speaker so I could yell "get the F away from my car or it will shoot you"
:tongue: