Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Reservation Question

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ggies07

Nov 8, 2012
DFW
So I'm saving up for the Model 3, but I have a question about the amount you pay when you reserve online. Does that amount go towards the total amount of the car or is it just the cost to reserve a spot? I know it's refundable.

Thanks!

So I'm saving up for the Model 3, but I have a question about the amount you pay when you reserve online. Does that amount go towards the total amount of the car or is it just the cost to reserve a spot? I know it's refundable.

Thanks!

All deposits are applied to the cost of the car--will be reflected on the MVPA. You are not being charged for a spot in the queue (...not like the seat licenses major league teams sell).

Another variant of this question, regarding a model S.

Lets say I place an order for a configured Model S... Place a deposti but do not confirm it for a few months.... Then TESLA offers a new option.... can I change that configuration to add that option?

Lets say I place an order for a configured Model S... Place a deposti but do not confirm it for a few months.... Then TESLA offers a new option.... can I change that configuration to add that option?
Once you order, there is a deadline when it automatically will confirm (7 days). If you want to add something later, you might move to the back of the line depending on the changes requested.

If you want to make changes to your order after it is confirmed, there is now a $500 change fee, plus any upcharge/downcharge to the pricing on the vehicle/options.