Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Does anyone have a Saleen Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
doubt it. I'm pretty sure that any modifications to the drive unit by saleen would void your Tesla warranty for the drive unit anyway. so IMO i'd stay very far away...especially when the company (saleen) is going under.

This.

i doubt anyone actually bought one. When the P85D was announced it killed them and their hack job that resulted in no performance gain, and just a whiney gear box. The project was a complete joke, a $70K+ package with just a gaudy appearance kit and interior bling job. Best part was custom coilover suspension, but not a big deal because air and coil suspension works fine. It was a failed project to begin with, IMO.

I think the best part looks-wise was how they got rid of the front nose cone - that useless old thing damages what is otherwise spectacular aesthetics on the model S. It's especially annoying because it means Tesla is purposely trying to give it a traditional car grille-look, which makes zero sense imo.

I think the best part looks-wise was how they got rid of the front nose cone - that useless old thing damages what is otherwise spectacular aesthetics on the model S. It's especially annoying because it means Tesla is purposely trying to give it a traditional car grille-look, which makes zero sense imo.
Disagree. I'm with the crowd that sees Valdemort in the Saleen and finds it distasteful.

As for Tesla's motivation, I disagree. I think they see it as much cheaper to replace plastic when the bumper is damaged.

One of my favorite things about the Model S, and its performance variants- is the fact it looks very tasteful and not gaudy with crazy spoilers, fins, vents, etc etc like the M and AMG performance variants. The Saleen version only riced out the car to make it look faster, but didn't actually make it faster. That was a huge FAIL in my book.

While the interior/exterior looks didn't do much for me, the gear whine HORRIFIED me! I think they completely bastardized the car by doing that. One of the most compelling things for me about a Tesla is the completely silent and drama-free way that it can rocket off. If I wanted that kind of noise, I'd buy '76 Corolla (or any other) with a bad tranny and diff.

Apologies for the snippiness.

I can see why some people would like the Saleen kit from a cosmetic perspective. It's a different take on the aesthetics of the vehicle

I think a good alternative to the Saleen kit is RevoZport's R-Centric body kit. PM me if you want details, as I don't know if I can post the link here.

While the interior/exterior looks didn't do much for me, the gear whine HORRIFIED me! I think they completely bastardized the car by doing that. One of the most compelling things for me about a Tesla is the completely silent and drama-free way that it can rocket off. If I wanted that kind of noise, I'd buy '76 Corolla (or any other) with a bad tranny and diff.

Apologies for the snippiness.

Wonder how it compares to the additional whine on the D cars.

Disagree. I'm with the crowd that sees Valdemort in the Saleen and finds it distasteful.

As for Tesla's motivation, I disagree. I think they see it as much cheaper to replace plastic when the bumper is damaged.

Disagree. Saleen front fascia is much better looking.

If Tesla wanted a cheap front replacement and not a fuax grill they would have made the nosecone body color.

Anyone who sees the nosecone and says it is not a fuax grill is being intellectually dishonest.

Personally, I prefer the original Tesla look over the Saleen look, but if anyone wants it, from my understanding Saleen is open to partial modifications. So you can change the bumper and a few other cosmetic stuff without voiding the warranty on the drive unit and other core stuff.