Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

6.2 TACC - didn't I read that CRUISE hold is 30 seconds?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure I read somewhere that the car now would stay in CRUISE mode for 30 seconds before going to HOLD, not 3 seconds as in 6.1 - but mine is still 3 seconds. Which is right for 6.2, 3 or 30?

IIRC, the 30 seconds applies only for highway driving. From the 6.2 Owners Manual:
"If
Model S comes to a standstill and remains
stationary for approximately three seconds
(or approximately 30 seconds when on a
highway), Traffic-Aware Cruise Control goes
into a Hold state"

But I'm not sure how they figure that out.

IIRC, the 30 seconds applies only for highway driving. From the 6.2 Owners Manual:
"If
Model S comes to a standstill and remains
stationary for approximately three seconds
(or approximately 30 seconds when on a
highway), Traffic-Aware Cruise Control goes
into a Hold state"

But I'm not sure how they figure that out.

I can verify 6.2 still uses three seconds for surface streets: last night a section of Interstate near my house was closed due to an accident and all that traffic was diverted to the local roads. It took twenty minutes of stop-and-creep driving to reach the four-way stop half a mile away, so I experimented with TACC to relieve the boredom. I haven't been able to verify the 30-second delay in highway driving.

I can verify 6.2 still uses three seconds for surface streets: last night a section of Interstate near my house was closed due to an accident and all that traffic was diverted to the local roads. It took twenty minutes of stop-and-creep driving to reach the four-way stop half a mile away, so I experimented with TACC to relieve the boredom. I haven't been able to verify the 30-second delay in highway driving.

Bummer. I'd love 30 seconds on all streets.

I agree, should allow more than three seconds on local roads. Or at least have the option to press the lever up, or push it in, and get going again. Tapping the pedal is kind of jerky for me, doesn't feel good, messes the flow of things. BTW, is Tesla using GPS to know if you are on highway?

Pull the lever towards you, don't have to tap the pedal then.

Awesome tip! Looking forward to trying this.

I have had mixed success with the 30 sec hold. It's activated a few times on the highway, but some other times on the highway it's dropped to 3 seconds.

I agree with the others that the longer 30 sec time should be used all the time. In fact, I'd vouch for something like 2 minutes all the time!

Btw, I just read the info on TACC from the manual and found some other tips there I didn't know, like pulling the lever away from you actually pauses TACC without turnout it off. This is useful as well because I've been doubled clicking the "on" button to turn off and back on at times.