Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Jeremy Clarkson joins Guardian drive for fossil fuel divestment

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mspohr

Jul 27, 2014
California
"The disgraced former Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has become the latest celebrity to support the Guardian’s campaign for fossil fuel divestment.
Following what he described as a “dark night of the soul”, Clarkson said he hoped to “regain the trust of the British public” by dedicating his time and financial resources to sustainable energy, road safety and forging mutual understanding and tolerance between people of different cultures and religions.

Clarkson said he had experienced a “wake-up call” after being sacked by the BBC, which he likened to “ramming on the brakes on the autobahn to Damascus”.
“It was like a pit stop,” he said. “One minute I was cruising along in a Porsche Cayman S to Dark Side of the Moon. The next I was in a bloody Prius humming along to Keane.
“If you’d told me a month ago that I would be joining the tree-huggers in their hand-knitted kerb-crawlers I’d probably have punched you.

More at the Guardian: Jeremy Clarkson joins Guardian drive for fossil fuel divestment | Media | The Guardian

A wonderful April Fools day present.