Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Firmware - when to worry?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SabrToothSqrl

Dec 5, 2014
PA
So, as more and more people get 6.2.. And... I can't help but notice, I don't have it yet... When do you worry? Two weeks? Four? Six?

so, if I don't have it by..?

I Go in to a service on the 11th, so I'm sure they will force one, but just for future reference, what's the max it should take to update the whole fleet?

thanks.

So, as more and more people get 6.2.. And... I can't help but notice, I don't have it yet... When do you worry? Two weeks? Four? Six?

so, if I don't have it by..?

I Go in to a service on the 11th, so I'm sure they will force one, but just for future reference, what's the max it should take to update the whole fleet?

thanks.
Welcome to the alternate universe where "classic" early adopters get sent. Just because we took all the early risk doens't mean didily squat to TM.

I have no idea why, but I tend to get them pretty quickly. 6.2 was the fastest yet. I was very surprised to see the update notice yesterday. I got my car in Sept 14. It does have all the Autopilot stuff. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Oh, and I am connected to WiFI, which they did state would get them faster.

You've had a Model S since 2013 and have 130 posts and you're concerned you don't have 6.2 yet? It's only been out for two days. You've been through enough upgrades to know that except for the urgent one affecting air suspension lowering last year, it has always taken a month or more for everyone to get it.

You've had a Model S since 2013 and have 130 posts and you're concerned you don't have 6.2 yet? It's only been out for two days. You've been through enough upgrades to know that except for the urgent one affecting air suspension lowering last year, it has always taken a month or more for everyone to get it.

He just got his CPO 2013 Model S within the last 6 months and I believe this is his first firmware upgrade since he got it (it was at the Service Center twice shortly after delivery, so it likely came to him with 6.1 already on it)

Chill, he bought it used a month ago!... Sabr, maybe you should put that in your signature!

Patience young padawan. Not sure if it is true or not, but I was told that they did prioritize autopilot and D cars this time specifically. Many of the enhancements are not usable on the pre autopilot models. And trust me, nothing in the 6.2 is earth shattering. Just fine tuning in my opinion and if you read the comments, the fine tuning needs fine tuning!!!