Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Drunk girl passed out on busy highway

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not understand why this video was posted online, and the compulsion some people appear to have to publicly shame someone who made a mistake. His obsessive filming of the entire event is a mystery to me. He can't even put his phone down while trying to open the car door. I'm baffled.

The person you are finding fault with likely saved many lives! Would you run out into the middle of a freeway & try to wake someone that was passed out drunk?

GONE VIRAL: Woman passes out at the wheel - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
10News Breaking Newstracker Paul Anderegg stopped to see what was going on and called 911. While waiting for a response, he ran out and tried to awaken the driver when there was a break in traffic.

Last edited:
I do not understand why this video was posted online, and the compulsion some people appear to have to publicly shame someone who made a mistake. His obsessive filming of the entire event is a mystery to me. He can't even put his phone down while trying to open the car door. I'm baffled.

I love that he did it. More evidence to make sure that moronic driver goes down.

Also, for pure entertainment value it's pretty incredible.

Not sure he did it to shame her, more just to record something completely incredible going on. I mean, this is one of those "a picture speaks a thousand words" moments.

The person you are finding fault with likely saved many lives! Would you run out into the middle of a freeway & try to wake someone that was passed out drunk?
I would have taken the same action in that situation but I would not have videoed it and then posted it online.

And yes, a few years ago I witnessed a car slowly crash into a freeway guardrail, I stopped, had my wife call 911 while I attempted to help the driver who was unresponsive and having an epileptic seizure. I did not waste time videoing the event with my iPhone.

Maybe you missed the part of him being a "Breaking Newstracker".

Was he not to tape a possible fatal collision? He called 911 first & still risked his life by trying to wake her...banging on the window didn't faze her, breaking the glass barely woke her up.

Maybe video of a white police officer putting his life in danger to save the life of a black drunk girl doesn't fit the narrative spewed by the Al Sharpto's of the world.

I did not waste time videoing the event with my iPhone.

Good for you. He DID though, and I'd argue that not only was time not wasted, but the video is probably going to be useful down the line.

Maybe video of a white police officer putting his life in danger to save the life of a black drunk girl doesn't fit the narrative spewed by the Al Sharpto's of the world.

How exactly is this relevant?

Maybe you missed the part of him being a "Breaking Newstracker".
Yep. And from about 0:55 of GONE VIRAL: Woman passes out at the wheel - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego, his regular job appears to be that of a cameraman for ABC 10. https://www.facebook.com/paul.anderegg.77 seems to confirm his occupation as a cameraman.
Good for you. He DID though, and I'd argue that not only was time not wasted, but the video is probably going to be useful down the line.
Yep, probably. I'm not sure if he was on duty at the time. But, he was doing his job, even if it was off-the-clock.

As someone who has lost several innocent friends and family who ended up on the a** end of unrelated drunk drivers' paths of destruction over the years, and as a fan of natural selection in general, the best ending to this video would have been a semi rolling over her car... preferably with the driver of the semi leaving unscathed.

I have zero tolerance for DWI/DUI/etc. All too often these idiots cause death and destruction to others and the property of others while doing little, if any, damage to themselves with only minor consequences. IMO this woman should get a life sentence for every vehicle that had to avoid her.

Last edited: