Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Book your tire change with North York SC ASAP!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

wayner

Oct 29, 2014
Toronto
I just called to get an appointment to put my summer tires on and the next date was May 7. So if you haven't booked this already you may want to do it ASAP.

I bought the winters from Tesla when I got my car back in Jan so I had them put on the winters and store the summers - I am guessing that I am not the only one in this situation.

I booked my appointment in Mississauga about a month ago...I always try for around the second week of April as it pretty well guarantees "no more snow"...yeah, April 1st might be a little early for your neck of the woods ...doesn't Doug_G still ice-race until June? :wink:

My appointment is tomorrow but with Montreal SC. I booked it 2 months ago :)
Now I think it's too early given we're still in Winter!

Is there a new SC in the GTA? I use Tranmere in Mississauga and the only other one I know of is the Toronto East center in Toronto (Scarborough).
I live in Scarborough but the Toronto East SC on Lawrence Ave is not in Scarborough - it is in North York. Scarborough begins a few hundred metres east at Victoria Park Ave.

To get a 20,000 km checkup and fix a few things (we pay for those annuals, of course, most of us in advance), Lawrence East told me I'd have to wait six weeks. Tranmere gave me an appointment in a week and then cancelled it --- because their service technicians were going to Lawrence East for a while.

The people are very nice, but this is no way to run a service facility, or two.

I booked my appointment in Mississauga about a month ago...I always try for around the second week of April as it pretty well guarantees "no more snow"...yeah, April 1st might be a little early for your neck of the woods ...doesn't Doug_G still ice-race until June? :wink:

LOL no, we finished up in February (my team came in 2nd this year... and the car is DONE... too many things, uh, fell off during the last race).

First track event of the season is coming up in April, gotta get the C6 ready.

Really wanting to take those snows off... but hesitating.

Wow, I was going to get lazy with this car and pay someone to swap the tires/rims. I guess I still will but it will be my kids not SC. I will post a video to show how easy it is (albeit 2 years ago they bragged they would change 5 cars tires in like 20 mins just like Nascar, 3 hours later they were done and sweaty).

Buy a floor jack folks (or hoist - if you can afford the car a hoist is only 3k) ;)

I live in Scarborough but the Toronto East SC on Lawrence Ave is not in Scarborough - it is in North York. Scarborough begins a few hundred metres east at Victoria Park Ave.

I suppose it's moot now anyway since it was all amalgamated into "Toronto" back around 1999. There was rumor of a new Center opening up in, I believe, Oakville and I was wondering if this was it, or something new.

I suppose it's moot now anyway since it was all amalgamated into "Toronto" back around 1999. There was rumor of a new Center opening up in, I believe, Oakville and I was wondering if this was it, or something new.
I thought that was more of a case of the existing Mississauga centre moving to Oakville.

- - - Updated - - -

Wow, I was going to get lazy with this car and pay someone to swap the tires/rims. I guess I still will but it will be my kids not SC. I will post a video to show how easy it is (albeit 2 years ago they bragged they would change 5 cars tires in like 20 mins just like Nascar, 3 hours later they were done and sweaty).

Buy a floor jack folks (or hoist - if you can afford the car a hoist is only 3k) ;)
I believe in Ricardian comparitive advantage and I do not have an advantage in doing any work on my car, even washing it. I will pay someone to do that.

Last edited:
I thought that was more of a case of the existing Mississauga centre moving to Oakville.

I specifically asked the folks at Tranmere and was told that no decision had been made on whether that location would close if an when another site opened up.

I believe in Ricardian comparitive advantage and I do not have an advantage in doing any work on my car, even washing it. I will pay someone to do that.

For some it comes down to what you enjoy doing. I like washing, cleaning, maintaining and tinkering with cars. On the other hand, I absolutely detest gardening. My motto is if I can't maintain it with chemicals or power tools, I want nothing to do with it. I'm glad to pay others to do that work.

I specifically asked the folks at Tranmere and was told that no decision had been made on whether that location would close if an when another site opened up.

For some it comes down to what you enjoy doing. I like washing, cleaning, maintaining and tinkering with cars. On the other hand, I absolutely detest gardening. My motto is if I can't maintain it with chemicals or power tools, I want nothing to do with it. I'm glad to pay others to do that work.

Hmmm I like your motto Mike!

I read this post, e-mailed Lawrence service on April 1st, they booked me for yesterday (April 7th) and it all got done. I only needed the tires changed, perhaps it was the "other stuff" that was making it be a May appointment?

Changed to my summer tires today in my driveway. Only tools needed were hydraulic jack, breaker bar, 21 mm six point socket, and torque wrench. It was easier than doing it on my Mercedes S500.

1. Raise suspension to max height and select jack mode.
2. Place jack under jacking points. A hockey puck is ideal for a jack pad.
3. Lift enough to take weight off the tire. Due to the Model S jacking mode, the suspension does not extend and very little lift is required.
4. Loosen the wheel nuts with the breaker bar.
5. Raise the car until tire is clear of ground.
6. Undo the wheel nuts.
7. Remove tire and place summer tire on studs.
8. Place nuts on studs and tighten a bit.
9. Lower jack to place tire on ground.
10. Tighten nuts to spec using torque wrench.
11. Mark winter tire with chalk as to what position it was mounted on car.
12. Do this 4 times and then store winter tires in garage.
13. Check tire pressure on all tires.
14. Take car for a spin. A message will appear to re-calibrate the TPMS. Select OK and soon another message will appear that all is done.
15. Congratulate yourself with a drink of your favourite beverage.